MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-20-1999, 10:58 PM   #1
pnypwr
Registered Member

Default Houston FFW

Any of you guys/gals going to FFW in Houston? I live here and frequent the track (NHRA a couple of weekends ago was absolutely chest rattling). I will be there and be registered but have not decided on whether to compete with my car or not. The best I have ever run (on that track) is a 14.4 (only running FOMOCO performance clutch, UD pulleys, 3.08 gears, and Flowmasters). I think it is pretty quick for the car's mods but probably not quick enough to take a race at that event. Will probably just drool and pick up some parts. Looking to meet fellow Stangers...

------------------
pnypwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-1999, 07:06 AM   #2
jchambers

I'll hopefully be there (if funds allow)but its a pretty quick turnaround from the Atlanta event given I'm in Cleveland. Go ahead and sign up for Trophy Stock. You'll have a barrel of fun and meet some pretty good folks.

------------------
Jeff Chambers
T/S #4
12.63 Seconds/108.44 MPH
Old 04-21-1999, 09:15 AM   #3
pnypwr
Registered Member

Jeff, I hope to meet you. I have registered for the T/S class. If all the registration paperwork goes through, I may try to compete. What mods are you running in T/S to turn out a 12.63 (if you don't mind divulging). I looking for some ideas - (i.e. take the check book or credit card to the races). Currently, I have done no intake work (if I recall correctly, T/S can only use GT40 or Cobra intakes and a 65 mm TB). Likewise, stock headers. In fact pretty much stock everything (with regard to power). Hope to see you there.

DeWayne Everage
White 93 LX 5.0 HB
Texas Tags: IMA-G8R
Waiting on T/S # ...
Old 04-21-1999, 11:09 AM   #4
jchambers

There's tons you can do to your car and still stay within the rules. Replacement headers as long as their shorties, equal or unequal length. Rear gears, exhaust, roller rockers, cams under .500 lift. I could go on and on. You'll just have to decide where you want to spend your money first. The best 'bang for the buck' would have to be in rear gears though.

------------------
Jeff Chambers
T/S #4
12.63 Seconds/108.44 MPH
Old 04-22-1999, 10:53 AM   #5
pnypwr
Registered Member

If I am currently running a 14.43 with 3.08 gears, how much "bang" would switching to 3.73 gears get me? Do you think it would make the difference between low 14's and high 13's? .43s is a lot for just gearing I would think.

DeWayne
Old 04-22-1999, 11:22 AM   #6
jchambers

Yeah, half-a-second is too much to expect. I picked up about .2 though going from 3.08's to 3.55's. The only other single thing that gained me nearly as much as the gears was the off-road h-pipe. It was what got me into the 13's. I've tracked my modifications and the quickest times turned with the mods. Check it out at http://www.kellnet.com/chambers under the Mods & Results section.

------------------
Jeff Chambers
T/S #4
12.63 Seconds/108.44 MPH