MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-05-2002, 07:36 PM   #1
cyberstang5.0
347ci of HORSE POWER!!!

Default Houston Fun Ford Weekend!!!

Well, FFW was a BLAST!!!!!

I was hotter then hell but we survived it Topless, 347mom, and CAD showed their sweet rides. I'll let them post their ind. results. I finially got to meet some of yall. Once we get pictures scaned into the computer, we'll post them.

I just wanted to say THANK YOU to thoses MW ppl who made it an awesome weekend. I hope next year will be just as good or better.
cyberstang5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 07:46 PM   #2
MustangMarine50
Registered Member

Cool FFW

Hot as hell it was but fun as hell too. I survived also it was nice being able to meat some of yall now at a race even. I have to say Topless has a nice ride and so does 347Mom but me being the new guy lol it was cool. i went last year and i would have to say it is so much better knowing some of the people there so you have people to hang out with. like my bro said we took some pics and when they are scaned we'll post the. Mustangs and fords all day racked.

Also 347Mom the judging was riged. But your better on the track.
MustangMarine50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 09:15 PM   #3
347MOM
Registered Member

Man you talk about HOT!!!! Thanks to everyone who came that help us take all of our stuff down!!! Crewzin and I had so much fun this weekend. It is nice to know people there!! I did not win anything but there is always next time!!!! I cant wait to see everyone soon!!! Cyberstang that is one fine car!!! I will post more later when the pics are up!!! It was great to meet you too mustangmarine50!!!!

Girls can too's August "Mare of the Month"
347MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 10:08 PM   #4
faststang90
Registered Member

Default ffw

im sorry i did not meet any 1 of you but i had some things to do on the car u know the last min things but i had a good time too but it was very hot when we did the street run they said it was 96 degrees i was happy with the way te car ran in the heat 1st pass was a 11.405 @121.25 2nd was a 11.697 @111.99 miss 4 th gear and the 3rd pass the car was hot and did a 12.65 @108.74 on motor
faststang90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 01:13 AM   #5
FivepointOH
Registered Member

ARGH... me and my friend almost went today but spent all day yesterday putting on my new struts and shocks and today building a rear seat delete kit and studying. Sounds like it was a blast though.(AND YES DAMN IT WAS HOT YESTERDAY AND TODAY) On a side note we should have some mworks cruises or something this summer for the houston people(or whoever wants to drive) to get together.... just an idea
92 AOD GT, K&N, ram air, pulleys, 2 ch. flowmasters, 4:10's, shift kit, 1 5/8 mac longtubes and offroad hpipe 14.249 @ 97.34

Lakewood 90/10's and 50/50's
FivepointOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 01:30 AM   #6
cad614

It was a blast... now if you'll excuse me I'm off to bed.
That eight hour drive seemed to last forever!

'95 GT Convertible
cad614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 12:23 PM   #7
crewzin
Registered Member

Default Fast and hot times at HRP

Man what a weekend! I did it all, even raced, although it was on a scooter in the pits It was great to meet some new people and see all the others together having fun. I drank enough beer and ate so much that I think im gonna take the rest of the year off of partys. Friday we boiled crawfish and partied till around 1 in the morning. Hell we had enough left over that we gave it to people we did'nt even know and still had a cooler full the next day for breakfast. Hmmmmm gggoooooddd stuff for breakfast tooo.

Saturday was hot as hell but there is nothing like waking up to the smell of race gas and turbos and open headers.
We got a good space under the stands for the show so it was'nt too bad sat at the show. Topless and Steve showed up and we all pitched in switching over the alt. on Toplesses car. Damm that thing was hot. Did some race watching and shopping and then started up the grill for lunch. Aint nothing like one of 347s 1 pound burgers for lunch.Topless and Duffy got in the top 25 at the awards. Congrats! Lounged around and watched some more racing till dinner time then the party was on. Ribeye steaks and more burgers served over beer and beans. AND YOU GUYS FROM UP NORTH, NEXT YEAR YOU WILL DRINK MY BEER. You know who you are. We had a good time visiting with everyone who came over. Later we walked around and checked out the pits and a lap down the track. Found some interesting things lerking on the track too. Sometime during the night I streaked out thru the pits will taking my shower. 347 scared me with a flashlight, thought she was the security. Jerk. We autocrossed around the park later that night and other stuff. Sunday was hot and fun again. And thanks for all the help from Cyberstang and Marine and Cad for helping with tearing down the tent o fun sun afternoon cant wait till next time. Gotta go get some more sleep. Later...
crewzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 07:13 PM   #8
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Cool FFW :COOL!!!!!~~ TEXASS SUN:HOT!!!!

HOLY MOLY!!! IT WAS A HOT MO=F0!!!!!!
Well, as ya'll know my chromed alt. crapped out on me on Wed. night! I got the new one at lunch on Thursday..
Saturday morning, Cyberstang met me in League City, I met him last year at Autorama..him and his bro are so nice!!!! We went to pick up WhiteSnake from Deer Park. This was WhiteSnakes first outing in the Cobra since the blown head gasket! Well, on the way over to the track, there was puffs of smoke coming out the side exaust from time to time, and sometimes it was kind of heavy. I was freaking out! It was running a bit sluggish, but it was not running hot, and everything looked okay. We made it there fine!
Jason and Jeff (Crewzin and Cyberstang) were my Mechanics w/ wings/halos'! We had to swap that damn thing out 4 times. (alternator) It got to the point to where I could basically take it out, but, I was clueless about the belt! And Crewzin wasnt lying about my engine...that baby gets HOT!!!!!!!! Guess cuz all the chrome, I dunno, but I have no doubt you could easily fry an egg or cook a steak on it!
I ate Crawfish for a snack after I got the car done on Saturday...YUMMY!!!!! Love them critters!!!!!!
Ya, Crewzin was burning up the place on his scooter. Everyones cars looked great! It was good to see Mike(CAD) again, and his car is BadAss! I love the front end and the hood! 347 was the CHEF FROM HELL!!!! Dang, she can cook!!!! We had soo much fun!
Me, Duffy and Steve placed Saturday. They had 115 entries and did the Top 25. It was cool.
Met GTPONY1 from WWWWWAAYYYY UO NORTH! That was cool! Him and his friend were great! They had an 'exceptionally' good time on thier trip up , it sounded like. LOL !!! Hope ya'll made it back home okay!
DAMMIT!!!! I MISSED JAYSON NAKED!!!!!?????? (j/k 347 )LMAO!!!!!! Sunday was evern HOTTER!!! I got some GREAT SUN!!!! Gotta love that Texass sun! There were not as many cars on Sunday as Saturday, still had a good turn out, but they crammed us all together you could hardly walk between them. Duffy got "BEST PAINT" and also got "BEST TRUCK" ! , and me and HER99GT got two of the 20 "BEST 20 MUSTANGS". That was really cool too! BTW: CONGRATS BETH!!!!! You done good! It was great to see you and Steven again! And it was good to meet MustangMarine too, you 2 guys are great! AND Cyberstang...I'll keep a look out for young, eligible, bachelor women for ya!!!!!!
It was great to see you too again, Nic and Frogger! Ya'll are alot of fun to be around!!!!! Hope your trip home was a good one!!!!!
We did donuts and burn outs in the field before we left Sunday. I flung grass and crap all in my car! duh!!!!
AS ALWAYS....it was so great to hang out with ya, Heather and Jayson..you guys are so great! 347, your display stuff looks great! They did a jam up job on your sign! Cant wait till you unleash your beast on the track....I love to just listen to her car, it gives ya goosebumps!!!!!!

Whoever is interested in FFW/Finale in Ennis Sept .20th, lemme know, okay?
Here's one pic to start with. still got alot to download!

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 07:33 PM   #9
cyberstang5.0
347ci of HORSE POWER!!!

Default Re: FFW :COOL!!!!!~~ TEXASS SUN:HOT!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Topless In Texas
We did donuts and burn outs in the field before we left Sunday. I flung grass and crap all in my car! duh!!!!

Ummm, yeah..... Here's just a little suggestions to yall fellow stangers....

Don't do dounts with your top or windows down!!!!

I have grass all in the inside of my car Now I have to clean it
Old 05-06-2002, 09:05 PM   #10
cad614

Now that I'm awake and semi-functioning, it looks like everyone has already posted the highlights of the weekend, but what it dosen't seem to say is there was never a dull moment the entire weekend (except my drive home).

For all those who have never been, you're missing some great racing, amazing deals on parts, awsome cars, 347's cooking (if you're lucky enough to get some), and of course all these great people. Heck we even found out you can get a flaming pony banner if you flash the FFW guys. I can't wait till September!

'95 GT Convertible
Old 05-06-2002, 09:55 PM   #11
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Thumbs up COOL PIC W/ FLAGS..

This was a GREAT idea, I think!

Old 05-06-2002, 10:04 PM   #12
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Cool End of the weekend!

What a great time. Heres after the donuts and before we all split. I've got much more pics. just need to find an easier way to do them!

Old 05-06-2002, 11:48 PM   #13
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Sounds like a total blast! If it wasn't 1200mi and I didn't have so much crap going on at work right now, I could have made it maybe.

I need to win the lottery, I can just go from show to show, hehe.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 12:49 AM   #14
347MOM
Registered Member

Default FFW-HOUSTON

Topless the pics came out great!!!! I am so glad that everyone liked my cooking!!! Topless send some pics my way to my email so I can save them and Crewzin and I will do the same!!!

Thanks Nic for getting us our Mare Of The Month to us they look great!!!

Girls can too's August "Mare of the Month"
347MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 05:25 PM   #15
MustangMarine50
Registered Member

the pics came out great thanks i have them saved on my computer now. 347 I still have like 7 of thoes mach 1 posters if you want me to send them to you just let me know i also have oen or two of the bulits. from what yall can tell the weekend rocked and it did cant wait till next year. what is going on in september?
Old 05-07-2002, 05:34 PM   #16
MustangMarine50
Registered Member

also i forgot to add that i was thinking that maby next year i will show my 4 banger with 347 and topless i dunno but i might start a new catorgy b/c all i say there was nothing but 8's and there should be some 4 bangers what do yall think
Old 05-07-2002, 06:06 PM   #17
cyberstang5.0
347ci of HORSE POWER!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by MustangMarine50
also i forgot to add that i was thinking that maby next year i will show my 4 banger with 347 and topless i dunno but i might start a new catorgy b/c all i say there was nothing but 8's and there should be some 4 bangers what do yall think
I don't think so

4 bangers suck!!!

*runs and hides from Tierburner, and 302blownpony*
Old 05-07-2002, 06:33 PM   #18
cad614

There were plenty of 4 bangers.... all those damn Focuses!

September is the FFW in Ennis, TX. It's just as much fun as Baytown (if not more) and it's four hours closer to me.

'95 GT Convertible
Old 05-09-2002, 10:00 PM   #19
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Talking Hurling pics ya'lls way!!!!!

Here's somemore pics I got....

Old 05-09-2002, 10:03 PM   #20
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Talking Donut alley

AINT THEY PURRRRTY??????