MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-28-2001, 03:46 AM   #1
OneHotLX
Registered Member

Post IA & WI stangers__Tri-State Dragway

Has anybody been there before? Some of my friends and I are planning on going there on opening weekend. Is anybody else planning on running then? Hope to see ya there.
How is the track about tech? I have my battery mounted in the back but I haven't installed a kill switch as of yet. Will I get the boot or will they let it slid?

Thanks
Tony

------------------
OneHotLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2001, 08:50 AM   #2
stanger8172
Registered Member

Tony,

Where is the Tri-State Dragway? I went to Great Lakes Dragaway in Union Grove,Wi yesterday. Ever been there? As far as your battery set-up, they might let you make a run or two. I heard that convertibles running 13.999 or quicker without a roll-cage aren't legal but they will let you go once just to see what it can do. Hopefully, they will be cool to you and let you see some numbers! Let 'er rip!!!
stanger8172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2001, 03:24 PM   #3
OneHotLX
Registered Member

Tri-state is in Earlville,IA about 35 miles from Dubuque, IA. I was at Union Grove once for a NMCA race but it rained out. I've never run there but the track doesn't look like it's aged very well. I usually go to Rock Falls (10 miles from Eau Claire) during the summer. Since I'm from Wausau but during school I'm living in Platteville which is just a stones throw from the Mississippi in the SW corner of the state.

Tony
OneHotLX is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: