MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-18-1999, 12:01 PM   #1
frankjp
Registered Member

Default Ideas on what to bring to FFW race???

Hi,

I was wondering if I can get some ideas on what tools or other items I should try to bring when I am able to get to a FFW race later this season.

My car is a 94 Cobra, going to be in Trophy Stock with Jeff Chambers. I don't have a truck or trailer so I'll be driving the car there with whatever I can stick in the back.

I don't think there are many teardowns in this class, but the minimum would be good. I don't have many tools as I usually use my brother's garage and his tools, but will spend the next couple months trying to pick up the essentials.

Anything and everything anyone can think of would be helpful!

Thanks!

------------------
Frank Peterson
94 Cobra T/S #38

frankjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-1999, 01:59 PM   #2
jchambers

Frank,

The probability of getting torn down is pretty minimal unless you come into town and blow off runs 1/4 second faster than the rest of the class. Here's a rundown on my basic race list. I travel with a full size van and trailer so you may have to leave some of it at home. Remember that you can usually borrow something from others if you're really in a jam.

Lawn chairs (collapsing kind with small duffle bag)
Shade tent
Cooler with drinks & food
Can coolers
Asperin
Asperin
Asperin
Sunscreen & sunglasses
More asperin
1 pair jackstands
Floor jack
Basic mechanics tools
Torque wrench
Hammer
Timing gun
Vacuum gauge
RTV Sealant
Windex, Amorall and the like.
Bucket w/ sponge
Towels & hand rags
Hand cleaner
Some more asperin
Car cover
12 Volt compressor or air tank
Air gauge
Flashlights
Small propane BBQ grill

And you can't forget the essentials,

Checkbook
Mastercard/Visa
a little more asperin

I also carry a second toolbox that has things like hose clamps, bolts, gaskets, spark plugs and other miscellaneous tools in it.

Hope this helps.

------------------
Jeff Chambers
T/S #4
12.60 Seconds/109.0 MPH

Old 05-18-1999, 03:30 PM   #3
frankjp
Registered Member

Jeff,

Thanks so much for the info. Boy, definitely a few things I would have missed there, that's for sure and a few things I don't have which I should probably look into getting.

Do you stay on the grounds at Bristol or Cordova, or go to a motel at these venues?

Thanks again!

------------------
Frank Peterson
94 Cobra T/S #38

frankjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-1999, 05:01 PM   #4
jchambers

There's a KOA campground about 10 miles from the track at Bristol that we stayed at one time. Its a nice campground and only about $15 a night for tenting. At Cordova, we stayed in Clinton Iowa last year at a Days Inn. The entire town smells like a sespool (sp?) and I wouldn't recommend it. There's a Motel 8 or 6 closer to the track on the Illinois side that other people stayed at and said wa much better. We'll be staying there this year. Let me know if you need numbers for either.

------------------
Jeff Chambers
T/S #4
12.60 Seconds/109.0 MPH

Old 05-18-1999, 05:04 PM   #5
jchambers

Forgot to mention that the Cordova track did allow camping last year. We'd consider doing that, but their facilities aren't quite as nice as Norwalk and I don't think they have any showers at all.

------------------
Jeff Chambers
T/S #4
12.60 Seconds/109.0 MPH

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: