MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-17-1999, 08:13 AM   #1
93 Snake
Registered Member

Exclamation Issues with Street Ford At Cordova

Hello all:

I just read some of the posts about Cordova, and I must add my comments as well. I ran in Street Ford on Saturday. I have to say that I felt I was used as "fill in" material. I'm not alone on this as most of the other competitors I talked to felt the same way. Because I don't have a 9,10,11 second car dosen't mean I am not an important racer. I didn't like making 3 of my 4 time trials within the first hour. When we inquired about it, the FFW rep running around on the moped said "Street Cars Shouldn't need to cool down." Well that is and is not true. That being the case neither should any of the race cars if they have proper cooling! The other thing that made me upset was the lack of intrest in us by the tower. Over 7 runs were made in eliminations before someone from the tower decided to get off "Break Time" and get back on the mic. And not to complain further, but, if this was a Ford Weekend, then why was "Show me the Money" allowed that day. Just what I wanted to do, In the middle of eliminations start watching Chevrolet's go into the bean field. They should have let us finish racing for the day and then start the other show. I'm Sorry if I seem upset at this, but I have been on both sides of the coin. When I raced at Gateway a few years back my freinds were in a similar situation. I was in a faster class and recieved better respect. Why don't I still have an 11 second Mustang, well someone else decided it was worth stealing and parting out illeagly. Go to home.revealed.net/husted if you want to see how bad your life really can get.

Dave
93 Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-1999, 09:35 AM   #2
Mypny89
Registered Member

Hey 93Snake, I totally agree with you. I also ran in the Street Ford Class. My first pass was at 9:10am and my 2nd was at 9:43am and my third was at 10:10am. Then I sat for 2 hours before I ran my 4th pass. I don't understand why there was a long delay in my 4th pass.

Then one of the FFW Event Officials came up to our cars because, my friends and were parked where the Funny Cars were supposed to be parked. So, he asked us to move. We felt that he was VERY RUDE to us.

This was my second time attending the FFW Event and I must say...Last year was MUCH better. There was hardly any Vendors here this year!!!!

Later,
Dan

------------------
Mypny89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-1999, 10:21 AM   #3
Fast_351
Registered Member

I ran Quick Ford this year at Cordova. I ran Street Ford last year. I was in the same boat as you guys this year as well. Fast Ford was too. Running at Cordova last year was actually directly responsible for upgrades to my cooling system. I was running an FMS radiator with a stock pump/fan last year, and I couldn't get my car cooled down between rounds. They were doing the same "5 minute interval, lets run again" setup as this year. There were a couple other guys last year that were in the same boat, and we complained. The staging guy at least gave us an extra ten minutes to cool.

This year I'm sporting a new dual electric fan setup that will suck small objects into the radiator if they get close enough. THat helped alot. I can understand the hurry on Sunday this year, as there was inclimate weather approaching. There was no reason for it Saturday. Not to start a Ford vs Chevy war, but it did seem like most of the oil downs/offtrack excursions were non FFW participants. They should have waited until the classes were all finished. I did notice the lack of vendors there. The midway was a joke.

I'm still happy I went. Since I'm in Minnesota, FFW-Cordova is the only national Ford event that gets within 8 hours of me, and it was fun to check out all the cars. Not to mention that a bunch of people that I know across the country get to come together for a weekend. Maybe next year will be better. I'll be there regardless.

-Mike
Fast_351 is offline   Reply With Quote