View Single Post
Old 09-17-1999, 08:13 AM   #1
93 Snake
Registered Member

Exclamation Issues with Street Ford At Cordova

Hello all:

I just read some of the posts about Cordova, and I must add my comments as well. I ran in Street Ford on Saturday. I have to say that I felt I was used as "fill in" material. I'm not alone on this as most of the other competitors I talked to felt the same way. Because I don't have a 9,10,11 second car dosen't mean I am not an important racer. I didn't like making 3 of my 4 time trials within the first hour. When we inquired about it, the FFW rep running around on the moped said "Street Cars Shouldn't need to cool down." Well that is and is not true. That being the case neither should any of the race cars if they have proper cooling! The other thing that made me upset was the lack of intrest in us by the tower. Over 7 runs were made in eliminations before someone from the tower decided to get off "Break Time" and get back on the mic. And not to complain further, but, if this was a Ford Weekend, then why was "Show me the Money" allowed that day. Just what I wanted to do, In the middle of eliminations start watching Chevrolet's go into the bean field. They should have let us finish racing for the day and then start the other show. I'm Sorry if I seem upset at this, but I have been on both sides of the coin. When I raced at Gateway a few years back my freinds were in a similar situation. I was in a faster class and recieved better respect. Why don't I still have an 11 second Mustang, well someone else decided it was worth stealing and parting out illeagly. Go to home.revealed.net/husted if you want to see how bad your life really can get.

Dave
93 Snake is offline   Reply With Quote