MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-14-2000, 05:38 PM   #1
84GT+NOS
Registered Member

Angry WARNING ABOUT PERFORMANCE AUTOMATIC

Warning to anyone looking to buy trans parts or a whole trans. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM PERFORMANCE AUTOMATIC. They have the worst customer service and DO NOT back up their products. I bought one of their transmissions in July right before the norwalk FFW event. I installed the trans and as soon I started my car the trans leaked badly from the bellhousing area not haveing time before the event to get another trans I had it repaired at a local trans shop $265 to find out that the oil pump seal was folded on install trying every means possible to get my money back for the repair with no luck so I took it as a lesson. Two months from the day I bought the trans I had the oil pump seal go leaving me stranded miles from home so I contacted Performance Automatic before any repair was performed and they told me they would talk to the owner of the company to find out what they could do for me; they were going to get back with me that day so I call the next day to find out what the deal was and they said they would call me again by the end of the day never called so when I finally called them again they told me I could buy another one of their transmissions and ship this one back to them for inspection of the leaking seal, after they inspect the seal they would recredit me the price for the trans minus sales tax and shipping charges. I told them that the local perfomance center where I purchased the trans from said they would do an exchange with me as long as performance automatic would take the trans back I was then informed from perfomance automatic that they would not credit the speedshop if they sent it back. I am basicly left with one option and that is to repair the $5 seal instead of paying hundreds in shipping charges in hope of getting a good working trans that I should have gotten when I bought it. I thought perfomance automatic was a good trans company I was mistaken. DO NOT BUY ANY PREFORMANCE AUTOMATIC EQUIPMENT unless you want hassels and tranny leaks.
84GT+NOS is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: