MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-17-1999, 03:05 AM   #1
2Quick4u
Registered Member

Default just got back from wfc

Never again the place was a total mess it took all day to get cars teched. u couldnt even hear your class being called. the techs were lacking, the place was i think a total mess. at least they can be happy they made my money. because i doubt i will goto next years event.

[This message has been edited by 2Quick4u (edited 05-17-99).]
2Quick4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-1999, 07:43 PM   #2
namadness
Registered Member

I was there as a spectator. I thought that last years event was more exciting. We walked through tech at 9:00 on Friday and when we went again at 11:00 some cars were in the same spot. One person commented that it was taking 20 minutes per car. From a spectators point of view it was worth the 6 hour drive there.
namadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-1999, 05:45 AM   #3
VACobra
Registered Member

I was a spectator, glad I didn't race because of the mess!!
I thought it was worth the 12 hour drive.
The "Cruise" was one of the best parts!
VACobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-1999, 09:01 PM   #4
2Quick4u
Registered Member

Spectating Was Great But Everything else was a mess.
Old 05-20-1999, 09:42 PM   #5
Street Heat Racing
Registered Member

Just to set the record straight. Only part of tech was a joke. The actual NHRA tech guys were morons and it easily took anywhere from 20 minutes to over an hour per car. These guys were letting some racers "correct" the problems right there in line. The WFC Shootout techs were great. We were there with the Lone Star Performance Pro 5.0 entry. Once through the NHRA tech, it took about 5-10 minutes for the actual shootout tech. That aside, the setup wasn't really any worse than Bowling Green last year. At least most of the pits were paved in Joilet. The worst part was the 16 hour drive--nonstop.

------------------

Street Heat Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-1999, 02:52 AM   #6
2Quick4u
Registered Member

In My Opinion the 66 tech's were great. The Whole Story is they Had only 3 techs and what happend is they needed to look for certain things for diffrent classes and half of the fun ford tech's were just plain ignorant. Then they decided at 3:30 they needed more techs cause god forbid they stayed late they had a few more to speed things up. Honestly It was a great event but i dont think i can handle another 1 like that.
Old 05-23-1999, 08:31 PM   #7
QuickSilver
Registered Member

I think the only thing worse than waiting for tech was waiting for food. The lines were long, and there were not enough windows open. I definitely vote for local food vendors to come in next year ... I do not want to come close to missing a lane call again because I am waiting for 45 minutes for overpriced so-so food.
QuickSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-1999, 09:14 PM   #8
2Quick4u
Registered Member

the food was like that On fri and sat Then On sunday They Opened Up All the damn windows I was like WTF. It took me 1 hr standing in line for food to be told all they had was Hot Dogs. We BBq'd On sun and we should of did it in the beginning
Old 05-24-1999, 09:27 PM   #9
George Klass
Registered Member

This is for 2Quick4u. Other than myself (for the Wild Street class only) there were no Fun Ford Weekend techs in attendance.
At no time did I tech any cars at all.
George Klass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-1999, 02:07 AM   #10
2Quick4u
Registered Member

Im Sorry Its My Ignorance It Was The WFC Techs. Sorry George.
Old 05-25-1999, 08:36 AM   #11
Joffre
Registered Member

I waited in tech for 6 hours. The big problem was that the racers werent registering intell they got into tech then they would have to run all the way down to the registration an sign up then run all the way back down to the tech and give them there crap and every body had to wait on them. They didnt tell people that when the payed at the gate. they just said your pits are there and tech is there. I moved more in the last hour and a half than I did the first five after I told the people in front off me what was up. Once people started seeing what was going on the lines started moving.
Joffre
Joffre is offline   Reply With Quote