MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-08-1999, 08:33 PM   #1
StangFlyer
Founder

Exclamation MustangWorks.com to help sponsor CyberBrawl 2000 Shootout!

This is a repost of the message posted by Bob Crosby in the Blue Oval Lounge. I like to see some of the Fun Ford racers attend to race with us on Team MustangWorks if at all possible!

Howdy Folks. I would like to take a moment to announce a race I'd like to do next year called "Cyberbrawl 2000 - The War to Settle the INTERNET Score". This is going to be a **FUN** race between the major Muscle Car internet sites. It will be held at Beech Bend Park in Bowling Green, Ky, in late July 2000 (exact date to be determined in late Jan). Complete info can be found at www.cyberbrawl.com.

Sites that are participating include The Corral - www.corral.net , Camaroz28.com - www.camaroz28.com , Stangnet - www.stangnet.com , LS1.com - www.ls1.com , TurboBuick.com www.turbobuick.com , MustangWorks - www.mustangworks.com , Tealnet - www.tealnet.com , and Thirdgen.org www.thirdgen.org . When you sign up, you will be asked which Website you will be racing 'for'. This will determine each site's "Team", that will race against each other in an Open Comp format. Whomever wins, will win for their Website team. There will also be a heads-up "King of the Internet Street" class, and 2 heads-up Mustang vs F-body classes (one N/A, the other power-adder).

As stated above, this event is for FUN. There will be trophy's, and sponsor-donated prizes, but no cash awards. Any proceeds generated by the event will be donated to the Kirby Lee Walser Endowed Scholarship. Sign-ups will be conducted on-line only. That page will be operational within the next few days. You **MUST** sign-up online! Cost will be $25 for car, driver, and one passenger IF you pre-pay, and $35 at the gate on the day of the event. Spectators 16 and up will be $5. Kids free.

We are also planning a BBQ after the event (late that afternoon/evening). More details on this will be made available as they are firmed up. If we have enough participation (and thus available funds), we'll have a catered BBQ.

I'm really looking forward to this event, seeing some old friends, meeting some new ones, and doing a little friendly racing. Any questions can be directed to me at bcosby@erols.com, or you can post them here and I'll do my best to answer everything I can. Please check out the webpage first though, as that has most of the details that have been finalized.

Sorry this wasn't posted this morning....I was hitting most of the boards, and simply over-looked MustangWorks. Dan McClain has been in on this for a long time. Please accept my humble apologies...

See ya in July!

------------------
Dan McClain, Editor
The Mustang Works Online
1991 Mustang GT - 10.90 @ 122 Mph
Built, Blown, and Fast as Hell!
StangFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote