MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-18-1999, 11:57 AM   #1
Un Entremetteur
Registered Member

Post New England Dragway

hey guys, i'm from ma and was planning on attending the FFW at New England Dragway this weekend. The only thing is that it's supposed to rain. So tell me, what happens in leu or a rain-out? I'm guessing no racing goes on. And how do I know if it's gonna be cancelled? (i live about 3 hours away and could save the gas!)

thanks for your help
Un Entremetteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-1999, 06:59 AM   #2
jchambers

I'll be there also, but coming from about 12 hours away. Right now (Thursday AM) the weather channel is calling for scattered showers in the Epping area on Saturday but mostly sunny on Sunday. Hopefully we can get the racing in without any major rain delays.

Its hard to say what'll happen if it rains. With scattered showers, its likely that we can still get a good day's racing in with just short rain delays. If it rains all day, that's another story. They usually won't make the call until its obvious what the weather has in store. They've usually got access to a weather station in the tower to help them decide.

My best recommendation would be to show up ready to race. Besides, whatdaya going to do on Saturday otherwise...mow the lawn? I'd rather be waiting out the rain!!!

------------------
Jeff Chambers
T/S #4
12.53 Seconds/109.3 MPH
http://www.kellnet.com/chambers/default.htm

Old 08-19-1999, 12:13 PM   #3
Un Entremetteur
Registered Member

Thanks Jeff.
Although I seriously doubt I'll be racing (my pony is way too stock...getting laughed at isn't my hobby!), I'll take the ride up as well. You're right...I'm not gonna be doing anything anyways. I should get there while the girlfriend's away in Viginia and can't bitch at me!
I'll catch ya up there. Good luck.

------------------
Midnight Blue '87 5.0 LX with minor mods...
-- Erek

Un Entremetteur is offline   Reply With Quote