View Single Post
Old 09-02-2002, 09:41 PM   #1
GodStang
College Stanger

Angry Autozone, Steeda smarter than Ford

Not too long ago I got a remanufactored Rack and Pinion for my 1994 mustang from autozone because mine was leaking so bad. Well it stopped the leaking and I was happy. Well I went and got a set of Ford racing Cobra R's 17x9. Well I put them on and a day later my wheel weights on the inside where knocked off. So I took them back to get new weights put on and the inside edge of the rim was shaved off all the way around. I rim was hitting hard on the A-frame and the front swaybar. So I put THICK spacers. Still the same thing. I went to three ford dealers. All told me I was crazy. Never heard of it. Did not bother to help. Went over a month having this problem finally called steeda and they told me to go to Ford and give them a part number. I did and 4 days later my part came in. They had no idea what it was at ford and they made it. I called steeda back they told us where it went. They said there is one there and just add another to the one there to make your wheels not turn as much. When we got under there the was not one there. So we put the new part where the old ones should be and now my rims rub no more.
I am writing this to tell you to check your parts from autozome and other places like that. My front two rims are now messed up because of their forgetting to give me all the parts. And Ford once again was no help. I would like to say thanks to Steeda for being smarter and friendlier than Ford.
I am done venting now thank you all.