MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-1999, 07:16 PM   #1
jchambers

Default New T/S Records

For any of the FFW crew:

Were the records for T/S wiped clean this year as had been rumored? If so, were new records established at Bradenton or Commerce (winds were high at both)? If they were established, who has them and what are they?

Thanks.

------------------
Jeff Chambers
T/S #4
12.63 Seconds/108.44 MPH

Old 04-28-1999, 11:03 PM   #2
George Klass
Registered Member

You are correct again, Jeff. The prior records for T/S are off the books and we started clean in 1999, however, I don't know who holds the new records, if any.
This one needs to be addressed to Bill.
Old 04-30-1999, 02:51 PM   #3
weaponx

Doesn't really matter who set them. Bill will change the rules again over the winter and "wipe" them clean again.

------------------
I don't have a problem with authority...I AM THE AUTHORITY!

Old 05-02-1999, 12:29 AM   #4
noslo50
Registered Member

To George Klass,

What good does it do to set a record in True Street Class? There really aren't many true street cars setting records in this class. Example, first and second place are true race cars, one can't even run without his Igloo cooler, ask George, wah wah, Klass, who has certainly shown his professionalism in another thread on this website. Example, TruStreet19, 9.56-145mph on his first pass, second pass? but was noticably better but neither car got time slips so how can you record a record time with no time slips GEORGE???? Once again on third pass blank boards on top end, but orange car received ET and MPH. This was actually the best pass, left front wheel in the air at 1000 foot mark, what's up with that GEORGE???? Were you teeing off or polishing your little putter?

All in all, why should they have to spend the $3000 on a "STREET CAR" paint job for a .36 cent piece of paper that could be a record setter, but I forgot he didn't have a GEORGE KLASS SPONSORED FUNNY CAR CAGED, IGLOO COOLERED RACE CAR, but it was a TRUE STREET CAR!!!

Hang in there TruStreet19, we want to see you at the next FFW event, maybe George will be gone golfing, after all, racing requires TWO BALLS!!!!!!

To weaponx, your statement was exactly right. Maybe we should boycott True Street until we get some true officials instead of golfers, or go to NMCA races, where everyone is treated equally.

noslo50
CYA-YOU GUYS THAT ARE TRYING TO RACE, THE GOLFERS HAVE BEEN IN THE SUN TOO LONG.

[This message has been edited by noslo50 (edited 05-02-99).]
Old 05-02-1999, 02:44 AM   #5
SMUTT
Registered Member

WELL IT SEEMS THAT ANOTHER ONE HAS SPOKEN THE TRUTH. EVERYTHING THAT IS STATED ABOVE IS RIGHT ON THE MONEY! IT SEEMS THAT SOME OF THE GOLFERS ON THIS THREAD AND OTHERS SEEM TO THINK THAT WE DONT KNOW S#*T FROM A WHOLE IN THE GROUND, BUT THEY ARE ABOUT TO GET A REALITY CHECK ON THIS FACT THAT IS BEING STATED BEFORE YOU!! GOING ON WHAT WAS SAID BY GEORGE KLASS ON THE COMPUTER'S ACTING UP IN ATLANTA IS A BIG CROCK OF B.S. HOW IN THE HELL CAN A COMPUTER SCREW UP TWICE ON THE SAME CAR WHEN HIS PASSES WERE AT THE LEAST 30MINUTES APART? WELL IT SEEMS THAT WE HAD A BLIND GOLFER WORKING IN THE TOWER ON THE E.T SIDE OF THINGS. ANOTHER THING IS, I JUST CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY THESE OFFICIALS AT FFW WANT ALL THESE RACE CARS TO LOOK SO GOOD, WHEN A TRUE STREET CAR DOESN'T NEED CHROME TO GET IT HOME. I SEEN IT BEFORE MY OWN EYES IN ATLANTA THAT UNLESS YOU HAVE MONEY IN ALL FOUR POCKETS "OR HOW EVER MANY GOLFERS PANTS HAVE?" THAT YOU ARE GOING NO WHERE IN THE FFW'S FUTURE.
"WIPEING THE RECORDS OFF THE BOARDS?" I BET IF THE RECORDS WERE HELD BY ONE OF YOUR SPONSORED CARS GEORGE, THE RECORD WOULD BE POSTED FOR GOOD OR UNTILL SOMEONE ELSE CAME ALONG THAT HAD A NICER SET OF GOLF CLUBS! THEIR ARE SEVERAL ISSUES THAT NEED TO BE STRAIGHTEND OUT BEFORE THE NEXT EVENT ONE IS THE 30 MILE DRIVE. GEORGE THE DRIVE ONLY LASTED 19 MILES, I AM NO PRO GOLFER BUT MY CALCULATIONS SAY THAT THE ODOMITER ON YOUR COOSHMAN IS A LITTLE OFF. 30 FROM 19 = 11, AM I RIGHT? EVERONE ELSE SEEMS TO THINK SO GEORGE! ARE ALL THE ROAD TRIPS LIKE THIS, I DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THAT, I KNOW MY "STREET CAR" WILL GO 30 MILES WITH NO PROBLEMS, WILL YOUR'S? I GUESS FROM HERE ON OUT THE DIVISION OF TRUE STREET IS DEAD, IT HAS BEEN RENAMED TO CORPARATE STREET BY GEORGE KLASS. WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE LIKE THAT. ISN'T IT BAD ENOUGH THAT YOU GET A MAJOR PART OF THE MONEY OUT OF ALL THIS AND THE "STREET CAR DRIVERS GET NOTHING IN RETURN" O YEAH THE RACE CAR DRIVERS GET THE HEADLINES, MAN YOU HAVE GOT SOME WIRES CROSSED SOMEWHERE GEORGE! YOU NEED TO RELIZE WHO IS PADDING YOUR POCKETS AT THESE EVENTS. GET SOME RESPECT FOR YOURSELF GEORGE BECAUSE ITS PRETTY PLAIN THAT YOU HAVE LOST OURS FOR GOOD!
IN GEORGE'S OWN WORDS FROM 4-25-99 AT 11:28AM, THAT IF ANYONE THAT RUNS QUICKER THAN THEIR SAFTEY EQUIPMENT PERMITS YOU WILL BE THROWN OUT OF THE "CONCLUSION" OF THE TRUE STREET RUNS. GEORGE THE CONCLUSION MEANS THE END DOESN'T IT? I KNOW IT DOES! THROWN OUT? WELL I GUESS COMING FROM YOU I UNDERSTAND IT BEING WORDED LIKE THAT BUT COMING FROM A REAL TECH OFFICIAL IT WOULD BE WORDED SOMETHING LIKE " I AM SORRY SIR BUT I MUST DQ YOU NOW FOR SAFTEY REASONS, PAT THE MAN ON THE BACK, SHAKE HIS HAND AND NO HARD FEELINGS FROM THERE ON OUT! BUT IT SEEMS THAT YOU BROUGHT THESE HARD FEELINGS ON YOURSELF. WE ARE NOT GRIPEING AND CRYING FOR SYMPATHY, WE ARE JUST TIRED OF PANNY WASTE, CROOKED PEOPLE WASTING OUR MONEY JUST SO THEY CAN GET WHAT THEY WANT. IT APPEARS THAT YOU GET WHAT YOU WANT GEORGE, JUST LIKE IN ATLANTA, YOU WANTED THE UPPER CLASS "RACE CARS" TO FINISH FIRST AND THE LOWER CLASS "STREET CARS" TO FINISH LAST, AND IT HAPPEND THAT WAY DIDN'T IT GEORGE! WELL IT IS PLAINLY CLEAR THAT MONEY AND SPONSORSHIP PLAYS A BIG-NO HUGE ROLL AT FFW AND IT APPEARS THAT NONE OF US WANT ANYTHING ELSE TO DO WITH IT, KNOWING THAT YOU CANT WIN UNLESS YOUR "RACE CAR" IS SPONSORED BY GEORGE KLASS OR YOU ARE PLAYING GOLF WITH ONE OF THE OFFICIALS! A SURE WAY TO PASS TECH AT THE NEXT FFW EVENT AND GET YOUR TIMES IS TO MAKE SURE THAT YOUR IGLOO COOLER IS ALL ONE COLOR, THAT ITS GOT A PRO STOCK STYLE CAGE IN IT AND THAT ITS SPONSORED BY GEORGE KLASS HIMSELF!!

HAVE A NICE DAY
Old 05-02-1999, 11:15 PM   #6
tangracer
Registered Member

Uh........they're talking Trophy Stock class at the begining of this post, not True Street....

------------------
90LX coupe/93LX hatch
Old 05-03-1999, 07:50 AM   #7
StangFlyer
Founder

Quote:
Uh........they're talking Trophy Stock class at the begining of this post, not True Street....
That's correct, and this thread too is now off topic. As with any class, people will eventually build "custom purpose race cars" to compete in it, pushing the allowable rules to the limit. Once again, That's racing folks.

------------------
Dan McClain, Editor
The Mustang Works Online
1991 Mustang GT - 10.90 @ 122 Mph
Built, Blown, and Fast as Hell!

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: