MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-21-2001, 09:48 PM   #1
withamc
Registered Member

Post NHRA helmet requirement ?? Help - I'm racing tomorrow!

This will be my first trip to the track. Famoso near Bakersfield. I'm told that that the helmet I use must meet one of many standards, one of which would be the Snell 95. I have a motorcycle helmet (O'Neill)that says Snell M95 on the back. Stuck inside the liner is another sticker that says it meets the Snell standard.
My friend called the lady at the track who said that the M95 standard was good. He needed a helmet so he went to the local Kawasaki shop and bought one. He gave her another call to make sure, before we drive 2 hours tomorrow. Now she says the helmet must have a label SEWN IN the liner stating that it meets the Snell standard.
I pulled up some references to the NHRA rules, it says nothing about a label being sewn in.
What's the deal? I hate to drive 2 hours to Bakersfield, get one run in the 13's and get sent home.

------------------
93 GT, CCM long block, GT40P heads, Crane 2031, 1.7 RR's, Moroso cold air, 73mm Vortech, 65mm TB, Cobra intake, 24# injectors, MSD 6AL, MAC GT40P headers, 2-1/2" BBK H-pipe (w/cats), Flowmasters, 3.55s, B&M Ripper shifter, Black Magic fan
withamc is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: