View Single Post
Old 08-13-2001, 05:47 PM   #15
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bark3rd:
Thanks for the posts everyone! I know some of you are tweaked about the 13.8 but at least I'm posting actual #'s! I'm not one of these ricer wannabees who post crazy times (or the people in the mountains who run 15's but correct supposedely to 12's, etc). My tires are useless, they spin on dry pavement just driving around town. Also, here in Austin we have had 22 days straight with over 100 degree temps. It is very hot at the track. I need slicks and wheels but for some reason these are difficult for me to nail down (size, etc). Many people at the track tell me drag radials suck and I haven't seen anyone run them. One other thing, these LCA's have had some weird effects, I wish I knew exactly what I should be expecting from them-I dont know whats normal or what is trouble.

I am glad you posted your real times, It is embarrassing as hell to tell you guys I am runing low 15's but it is the truth.

With slicks I would not be surprised to see you run 12's

Oh and buy the way drag radials are ok but you have to baby them off the line the best tires I have seen for the track are the Mickey Thompson ET streets.

My Nitto drag radials have 30-40 passes on them and are over half way gone and that is just track time they have never been on the street. So I do not reccomend them.

Good Luck

------------------
88 mustang gt convertible bored to 306 BBk equal length headers mac cold air fender kit 3.73 FMS gears cowl hood nitto drag radials ford racing clutch flow masters h-pipe 160* thermostat 16 degrees of timing electric fan off 94' t-bird jacobs electronics cap and wires. Edelbrock 1 1/2 inch drop springs.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote