MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-17-1999, 11:32 PM   #1
namadness
Registered Member

Post Norwalk FFW - No Hooters Car and other stuff

How come the Hooters Jet Funny car was not @ Norwalk? Is this no longer part of the program? This was always great to watch. It didn't hurt that some Hooters girls would come either.
I have been going to Norwalk for about 5 years. I am also a diehard FORD guy. I am just a spectator! I was happy that last year you got rid of the wheel standing tank. #1 problem was it was not FORD (as in Fund Ford Weekend) powered. #2. In my personal it took to long for them to mess around. After we saw the tank the first time the 1st year it was there we would leave and go rome the pits. (basically if I don't like it I don't watch it) This year there was the COOL BUS. This wheel standing school bus is POWERED by a POS BB Chevy. I don't care foir wheel standers but if you are going to have them to draw people could you look for one that is POWERED BY FORD!
I had a great time at the event. I can't believe how big it has become. The first time I was there, all the cars were on the one side of the track and now they are on both sides and overflowing the gate on the other.
namadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-1999, 11:30 AM   #2
SweeTool
Registered Member

I thought this year was a little less, in every aspect.
I missed the jet cars too.
I believe that the BUS was a BB ford Based on the palcement of the distributer and exhaust port spacing.
And HOW THE HELL can you have a "Wheelstand
contest" with only one vehicle.
Maybe, my second FFW couldn't surpass the first. I may have blown the last one out of perportion in my memories.
Also the food $$$$$$ prices were outrageous
$1.50 for water! $3.00 for a cheeseburger!
The only thing worth the price was the Ice Cream (Moosetracks, Yummy) $1.00.
Furthermore the swapmeet was WEEEEEAAAAAKKKK!!!!!!!!
A total waste of time, no worthwhile parts or distributers. Just a couple of the same ones from last year but scaled down.
I hope it picks up next year or I won't be able to get anyone to go with me.
What the hell was it with the Top Gun soundtrack? NEWS FLASH Blaring an 80's soundtrack over and over again is LAME!
I thought it was funny last year when they put the exact music on for the jet cars, but give up the music,PLEASE!
I came to listen to Motors not Elevator Music.
SweeTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-1999, 12:10 PM   #3
namadness
Registered Member

You should have been going for the last 5 years. They use to only play POKA music. Trust me, you would rather hear the TOP GUN soundtrack 1000 times instead of POKA.
namadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-1999, 08:17 AM   #4
jchambers

I missed the Hooters jet car this weekend too. My two boys were really looking forward to seeing the jet cars. They were impressed with the Cool Bus and even got some autographed pictures from the driver. That doesn't mean much to a 33 year-old racer, but it was the highlight of the weekend for the 7 and 4 year-olds. I avoid paying the high food prices by packing a weekend's worth of food & drink. We've got quite a group that usually brings enough to feed a small army. We had three grills and one camp stove and fed about 15 folks.

------------------
Jeff Chambers
T/S #4
12.53 Seconds/109.3 MPH
http://www.kellnet.com/chambers/default.htm

Old 07-19-1999, 01:46 PM   #5
12secAOD
Registered Member

Thumbs up

I LOVE NORWALK!!! This was my 5th year and I will never complain about them. We camp in the pits for free which is great, you get to shower for $2 and that is awesome. We spend about $40 at ALDI's grocery store before the race and that takes more than enough food for us 8 campers. I do not like to pay high prices for consession stand food either so a cooler is always a good idea whether you are camping or not. I would not have minded more booths either, but heck, WFC did not impress me either. Hopefully more companies will bring booths in the future but until then... Norwalk still rules in my book.

------------------
Brent White, Moderator
The Mustang Works Online
90LX>> 12.87@104.6 @ 3300#'s
Naturally Aspirated AOD car

12secAOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-1999, 09:27 PM   #6
NOStang
Registered Member

I was one of the unfortunate, I missed Norwalk. I did get to attend a pretty good car show in Ft. Wayne, but, my heart was really in Ohio. I hope to be there next year, but, if it compared to the WFC at Route66, it has to be HUGE!!! I was at Joliet with a friend who raced in Wild Street (True Street-FFW). I couldn't imagine having any more fun, the atmosphere was awesome.

------------------
89GT, 3.73's, Tremec, K&N, March pulleys, 9mm FMS wires, Mallory ign., FMS alum. driveshaft, Kenny Brown subs
NOStang is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: