View Single Post
Old 09-15-2002, 09:57 PM   #10
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Progress (planning/purchasing parts) with the motor is a little stagnant. I can't seem to get a clear answer to my question. SCAT Crankshafts has kinda confused my measly mind by telling me they had me a forged steel crank (stock) for my 351W, but when I talk to them again, they tell me I gotta get special Chevy rods to go with it, and some other stuff, yadda yadda yadda, and I just need to be sure about some things b4 I purchase. What's so hard about getting a stock forged crank (with a 3" main journal, NOT 2.749", and stock stroke) for a 351W? I'm going for low stock compression around 8.5-8.8:1, some good heads to match (possibly TFS Track Heats), and medium to high boost (~15 lbs) with a D1-SC Procharger blower+intercooler. If there were a Mustang performance shop around here I would've probably already had it together, but I can't seem to get good/clear advice/guidance. There are just some things I need to work out b/c I am not an engine builder and I need some questions answered.

I'm thinking of posting another "need help with engine build" thread on Windsor Power Forum, but sometimes threads seem to get lost in the depths of that forum . Yeah, I think I'll do that tomorrow evening.
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote