MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-03-1999, 05:04 PM   #1
RacnJasn
Registered Member

Default Pro Stock class

What happened ?? Why isn't this class runnin?? I guess no one has the balls to take the spray off!!thats too bad

------------------
RacnJasn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-1999, 09:24 PM   #2
George Klass
Registered Member

Well, I don't know. No one shows up. My personal feeling is that the people who pressured us into starting the class are all babies. They like to tell us that their cars "all throttle, no bottle", etc. Trust me on this one; this class won't be in the Rulebook next year.
George Klass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-1999, 03:48 PM   #3
QuickSilver
Registered Member

For me, running in the True/Pure Stock classes is tough enough to find competition, as most people do not have stock parts anymore. Following this, the Pro Stock class probably has even fewer guys, as the cars competing in the 9-second zone are almost all power-adder cars. For one, I really enjoy seeing these All Throttle cars run hard and real fast, but it might take more than one season to really get the class going. Also, if I did not pay attention to the web board, I would not even know the class existed, as I have not seen any writeups on the addition of this class for this year (was it added while the season already started?).

Though this really does not affect me directly (Stocker class is just too fun right now to get out of =), I just hope that the class is given a fair shake and publisized a bit more.

------------------
NJ Stocker Heading For The 11's
"If you have money in the bank, then you're going too slow!"

QuickSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-1999, 06:42 PM   #4
jtp
Registered Member

Well this is just great. After finding out only 2 weeks before the Atlanta event that there even was a pro stock class, I now find out that it won't be there next year. I've been bust'in my chops trying to get my car ready(some of us do have other jobs).I've always run without power adders but to step up to the rules set forth is taking time that should have been spent over the winter. You don't just take a car that you normally bracket race and start running heads up - especially when you don't have a power adder to lean on. Yes, I am one of the ones that ask for this class(I met with you personally George to make the request). Now I find out that because I can't be ready in a few short weeks I'm a baby. Well, to hell with pro stock. I should've known better than to try to get involved with this organization.
jtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-1999, 07:15 AM   #5
George Klass
Registered Member

Who are you jtp?. I don't recall ever talking to anyone with the name of jtp. Why are people afraid to use their names on these message boards? At any rate, the 1999 Rulebook came out in January. All of the non-power adder classes were listed at that time. Nothing has been added or changed with these classes. It's now June (6 months later). You talk about "not getting involved". So far, you have not gotten involved, jtp. If you had joined the program, you would have recieved the Rulebook and the Newsletters. If you have been involved, you (and other interested racers) would have been keeping us posted as to what's happening with their cars for these classes, etc.
When people talk to us about opening up new classes or including non-power adder combinations for existing classes, we assume that these cars alredy exist. So far, 5 races into the '99 season, no one has showen up for these classes or even talked to us about them. What other conclusions can we draw from the lack of response in these classes for the first 5 races this year?
Look, jtp. You can sulk around, get pissed off or whatever. That's up to you. But
racer participation in any class is what keeps classes alive. At the very least, communicate your intentions or keep us informed as to your progress in building cars for new classes.
George Klass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-1999, 04:36 PM   #6
jtp
Registered Member

My name is Todd Price. I met you at your old office a couple of years ago and then stopped by last September while on a trip to LA. Because my car has C302 heads, ladderbar suspension, and weighs 2800lbs, there has not been until now a class at FFW to run except Pro 5.0. I have neither the money to run this class or the desire to run power adders. Therefore I've had no need to become a FFW member. I have raced brackets at FFW and do recieve the flyer that they send out several weeks before each event. Not once has there been mention of Pro Stock on these flyers. When I spoke to you in LA last September about this class, you did'nt have much faith that it would happen for lack of sponsorship. As it turns out it's not going to happen for lack of promotion. I'm sure you see it as lack of participation. I feel strongly that the participants for this class would have come from outside the current FFW membership. Therefore it would have taken more than the usual newsletter to promote. I would have thought that this "new blood" would be a good thing. Guess I was wrong.
Trust ME on this one, I will not sulk or be pissed off over this class. I'm very lucky to live in area where we have no less than 9(soon to be 10) drag strips within 2 hours. I guess it boils down to the fact that people won't fix cars to run a class that's not there(or doesnt appear to be) and promoters won't offer a class if there aren't any cars(or dosent appear to be). Nobody wins - everybody loses.

[This message has been edited by jtp (edited 06-08-99).]

[This message has been edited by jtp (edited 06-08-99).]
jtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-1999, 06:13 AM   #7
Mike Curcio
Registered Member

George,I never heard of pro-stk untill recently because I did not join fun ford. I didnt know they had a class for me so why should I join? I spoke to Jim Dietzler of Mustang Ill. (I resently did an engine build for the mag) and he was never informed or he would have put a press release in the mag.
Im going to be at Richmond and hope to be able to race pro-stk
Mike Curcio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-1999, 12:29 AM   #8
461sb
Registered Member

u had to be looking in rule book to know about it. with a good payout, this class may have something, but you are not going to risk a 30K motor for a trophy.i say stick with the class for next year, its not costing anything for FFW now other than a couple of lines in the rulebook. maybe a major independent race somwhere with a good payout that could get some publicity for NA mustangs ? idea , huh??
461sb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-1999, 02:51 AM   #9
namadness
Registered Member

The NMRA is having a class that is NA. The rules limit to a stock suspension though. The rules are at http://www.nmraracing.com/hotstreet.html
Another note: The World Ford Challenge had a NA heads up class in 98 and they got rid of it for 99. I believe that it was due to the number of competitors? They had a good payout for this class and not a lot of cars showed. I love NA cars and would love to see them run. I was looking forward to seeing the Super Trooper and never got to see it.
NA cars rule!!
namadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-1999, 03:34 PM   #10
rhupfauer
Registered Member

Super Trooper was stolen last year...that's why you didn't see it. Bummer...very clean, fast n/a car!
rhupfauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-1999, 09:42 PM   #11
Saleen7
Registered Member

I think out of respect you should change your UserName
Saleen7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-1999, 10:39 PM   #12
namadness
Registered Member

Saleen7 - Are you joking? If not please tell me why I should change my UserName.
namadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-1999, 09:04 AM   #13
Jays90GT
Registered Member

I decided to change my name in respect of our fallen hero--By the way guys I wish they would keep this class.My car at 3000# with real mufflers with a 302 block has went 9.10 at 153 N/A!!!---keep poundin!!!
Jays90GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-1999, 07:04 PM   #14
Saleen7
Registered Member

Thats cool Jay ... you are a very classy guy, He was a good guy and we wish the best to his family
Saleen7 is offline   Reply With Quote