MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-01-1999, 06:33 PM   #1
Street Heat Racing
Registered Member

Post Pro Stock Technical Questions

I was looking through the online rules for Pro Stock and had a couple questions before I get too excited.

1. I realize that Pro Stock does not allow poweradders, however, my car is equipped with a Pro Shot Fogger nitrous system. Would my car be considered legal assuming removal of bottles and disconnecting the solenoids/feed lines?

2. Due to the many engine combinations over the years, my inner fenders were previously cut out for turbo plumbing. The rules state that all inner fenders, firewall, shocktower type metal must be stock. Since mine is long gone, can replacement sheetmetal be used to conform to the rules?

At 2700 lbs my car is very 8 second capable on the motor. Accept for the above, my car meets the rules. Thanks for your time.

------------------

Street Heat Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-1999, 09:31 PM   #2
George Klass
Registered Member

First, about the nitrous components. It would need to be very obvious to the tech inspecter that your nitrous system was completely non functional to have any of it on the car. Secondly, we have permitted "minor" tin work to cover holes in the side panels in the past. Unfortunately, we would need to see the underhood area to give you an honest answer.
George Klass is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: