MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-16-2001, 10:26 AM   #1
Capri306

Post LOL "My son won't stop drag racing!"

Oh man, I was just flipping through the channels (I'm between classes) and on Ricki Lake, this is the topic. This dude's mom was trying to convince him to stop. I could see her point since he has a 3-year-old son, but this show is ticking me off. The audience is saying, "can't you find something else to do?" or "why not go to school instead?" WTF??? Some people don't get it, do they? Then the b!tch cuts him off when he starts to make a good point. Grr!!! Hahaha, then they're talking about giggle gas. GOD THESE PPL ARE DUMB!!!

------------------
Capri306, Moderator, The Mustang Works Online
"PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!!!"
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 10:57 AM   #2
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Ok why don't you go to school instead of playing golf. never under estimate the stupidity of people in large groups

------------------
THE SLO PONY
1992 Ford Mustand LX. 2.3 liter four-banger, auto. Future mods: V-8 swap.
Fly it loud, Fly it proud!!!

If it ain't broke, you ain't tryin hard enough
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 11:09 AM   #3
PKRWUD

There's plenty of idiots by themselves, too.

~C

------------------
Retired Moderator
MustangNet

My site: Peckerwoods Pit Stop

My teams site: Jim Porter Racing

RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

HEY !!! Are you ASE Certified ??? If you are, ask me about iATN.
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 12:37 PM   #4
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Quote:
Originally posted by PKRWUD:
There's plenty of idiots by themselves, too.
True.. How very True. LOL One thing that makes us look bad though is the 16-18 year olds (And older) that dont know how to drive worth a lick. They cant pay attention to the road because there worrying to much about getting cool songs on the 8000 dollar radio.

They claim to be Street Racers, and die while going 100 MPH because they lost control. Every feels sorry for the dumb kid, and blames the Movie Ind, car Manufacture, and Nieghbors Dog. (Boy didnt I say something similar to this on another post)

People think I'm evil when I tell them my Saturday night pass time. They say things like "Thats so stupid, you can kill someone." or "All it does is tear up your car and waste gas." Or my personal Favorite "Racing is so Stupid. All racers all Hudlums and punks."

The guys I hang out with are the kind of people who Return Wallets that were dropped with all the money still in them, Help old people cross the street, and help someone out who needs a hand. While there not Saints or members of the clergy, there all around good guys who work hard for a living and are for the most part honest.

Okay, I got way off the subject there. Dont I usually though.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 04:16 PM   #5
the bandit
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Capri306:
Oh man, I was just flipping through the channels (I'm between classes) and on Ricki Lake, this is the topic. This dude's mom was trying to convince him to stop. I could see her point since he has a 3-year-old son, but this show is ticking me off. The audience is saying, "can't you find something else to do?" or "why not go to school instead?" WTF??? Some people don't get it, do they? Then the b!tch cuts him off when he starts to make a good point. Grr!!! Hahaha, then they're talking about giggle gas. GOD THESE PPL ARE DUMB!!!

Yea I agree with you, he was starting to make a very good point about the mother who sadly lost her daughter, and Ricki just shuts him up. If the mother were responsible she wouldn't have let her daughter go with that kid. I know I wouldn't let my kid go with someone irresposible like that. Sorry that was long but I just making my point

------------------
Black '01 Lightning.
No times yet.
the bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 09:56 PM   #6
69fastback
IRAQ VET

I wish i could have seen that. They don't show ricky lake over here. The only think that ppl ever see are the bad stuff cuz that is what makes the news. People don't care about the good responsible ppl out there doing it that doesn't make good news.

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 5.4 xlt mark III
BUCKLE UP. SUCK IT IN.
Objects in the mirror are about to disappear...
QUICKLY!!!!!!

69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2001, 08:46 PM   #7
the bandit
Registered Member

And another thing, how can she relate that to the tragedies that just happened in N.Y., D.C., and Philly? Did anyone else catch that?

------------------
Black '01 Lightning.
No times yet.
the bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2001, 12:14 AM   #8
NO SLO PK
Registered Member

Red face

Quote:
Originally posted by Capri306:
The audience is saying, "can't you find something else to do?" or "why not go to school instead?"

How does school have anything to do with it? Ummm...eight yrs. of college and I still race...

------------------
Russ L
'91 LX
Procharger, 3 row intercooler, extrude honed Cobra intake, Mac full Length Headers, 30# inj., 73mm C&L, 75mm tb, E303 cam, 289 rods, ported E7 heads, MSD, T-Rex w/255 lph Walbro, 5 lug conversion, Cobra R wheels, 3.27 gears and Moser Axles.
NO SLO PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2001, 12:38 AM   #9
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Tradegdy in Philly? That plane went down Just outside of Pittsburgh my home town.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2001, 03:40 PM   #10
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

I just turned 17 and I bought a 69 Mustang Mach 1 with my dad. But there is ways to race and go fast. There is a responsiable way and a stupid way. My dad put half the money for the car for me. But to my point he knows I'm responsible. I like to go fast but I don't do it in subdivisions where there is little kids playing or people crossing. I do it on open road and if anything late at night so I know that I am playing safe. And I know when is enough, although I havn't got my mustang out yet and I know I'll be driving it fairly quick but alot of teens get bad rap for racing but look who's doing it, the dumb ones who do this stupid sh*t. One other thing if I race it's with no one else in the car, if I'm going to crash my car I don't want anyone in the car getting hurt or dieing with me. I say if your going to race do it before you have a family though, if you truely care about your kids and wife you won't leave them like that, doesn't mean you still can't fo fast. =) Well thats just my 2 cents on what I think of racing.

------------------
1969 Mach 1, 351 Cleveland, 4 Speed. going threw a mild restoration.
Moving At The Speed Of Sound.
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote