MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-14-2003, 09:34 PM   #1
Rev
Registered Member

Default Reaction time?

At Houston Raceway Park, with the sportsman tree, .5000 is a perfect RT. Some other tracks call a .000 a perfect RT. How is the .5000 second RT measured? Thanks for any info.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 01:03 AM   #2
GoPed2009
Registered Member

Default hope this helps

hope it helps, dont kno if its all right but its stuff ive learned here and there

Once both vehicles are staged, the "tree" is activated and the first amber colored bulbs on both sides of the tree light up. Then ½ second later the next amber bulb lights up while the first amber bulb goes out. Another ½ second later the last amber bulb lights up. And one-half second later the green bulb lights up signaling the drivers to start the race.

the tree counts down at .500 second (five tenths) intervals. The reaction time announced is the time that the vehicle took to move off of the starting line compared to when the last amber bulb lit up.
Old 02-16-2003, 11:21 PM   #3
Rev
Registered Member

Default Thanks GoPed2009

That's what I thought, but couldn't figure out why it didn't go from green on for the time?. I guess they need a positive number, right?

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 12:07 AM   #4
Joel 98 GT
Registered Member

Actually, reaction time is measured from the green light. The reaction timer starts when the green light comes on and stops when the car leaves the starting line. Nhra started using a new system this year that still measures reaction time in the same manner, it just uses .000 as a perfect light.
Joel 98 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 07:46 AM   #5
Miss Mischief
Registered Member

Talking Maybe Im right Maybe Im wrong

The Tree was a Mistery Too

But what I was Told was that from the Red "Holding stage" after the "Lights Drop" from .750-.250 The .250 Is Old school Because its a 1/4 second Like 1/4 Mile.

Make sure you Listen to the car Next to you if you Didnt Look at Her Tail Skirt For Duals and Listen for the loop at Idle and the Rev You May Be playing with Fire. Low 12's Consistent, Badge's Dont mean anything.

RHC#153 Proud to carry the Card

2000 V-6 5 speed Frame Braces [Steeda] [Wanna be Cobra] 17" Rims with Kuhmo 245's 5 Spoke Gunmetal finish [Power Dyne] Blower Unpolished 6 psi {Mods to Come} [Steeda] Springs slightly lower then stock [Steeda] Anti sway bars front and rear.

1999 Jeep Cherokee Big six 5 speed Infinty Bose steroe Lots of Creatures Comforts [Mods] Brush/ Push bar Full length Welded and Bolted , Tow Hook Front and Rear 30" Goodyear AT's .
Miss Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 07:55 AM   #6
Miss Mischief
Registered Member

Default .000 Green

Quote:
Originally posted by Joel 98 GT
Actually, reaction time is measured from the green light. The reaction timer starts when the green light comes on and stops when the car leaves the starting line. Nhra started using a new system this year that still measures reaction time in the same manner, it just uses .000 as a perfect light.
A perfect tree Is .000 Only when the Green has Landed However this Can be Offset for Mix Matched races IE. Nitrous Blown short block VRS Natural Asperation Big Block, a Handicap.

I Only Know One thing for sure I dont Know Sh it I will Never Know Sh it So I can defently Be wrong.

RHC#153 Proud to carry the Card

2000 V-6 5 speed Frame Braces [Steeda] [Wanna be Cobra] 17" Rims with Kuhmo 245's 5 Spoke Gunmetal finish [Power Dyne] Blower Unpolished 6 psi {Mods to Come} [Steeda] Springs slightly lower then stock [Steeda] Anti sway bars front and rear.

1999 Jeep Cherokee Big six 5 speed Infinty Bose steroe Lots of Creatures Comforts [Mods] Brush/ Push bar Full length Welded and Bolted , Tow Hook Front and Rear 30" Goodyear AT's .
Miss Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote