MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-20-2001, 02:06 PM   #1
BilLster
Registered Member

Wink reas suspention

Hey a friend of mine with a stock 5.0 was asking about removing one upper control arm to improve travel. I he also asked about removing his quad shocks and sway bar (similiar to my set up but i run slick's with a air bag and slap bars at the track)

I seem to remember that removing the quads (except for clearence )is a bad idea and the rear sway bar helps stop lateral transfer (like a air bag")
but its been so long since i ran stock and i did change everything at once so i didnt get to evaluate the components ( i wont do that again)

thanks Bill ( I know if you put on a pan hard bar you can remove both uppers but i never thought about removing one)

------------------
89 with 395 single stage n2o and 373's need suspention upgrade
BilLster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2001, 11:22 AM   #2
Jeff Chambers

I would think that removing just one upper would create an unstable system of the rear end. If you remove the left upper, what woul keep the axle from rotating back on the left side under acceleration?

Removing the quad shocks is fine, at least in my experience. They're just extra weight IMHO. Leave the rear sway bar in to help keep the car launching level. Remove the front sway bar to promote weight transfer.

------------------
Jeff Chambers
Trophy Stock #3
11.611 Seconds / 116.7 MPH
Chambers Racing Team
Jeff Chambers is offline   Reply With Quote