MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-1999, 01:06 PM   #1
SMUTT
Registered Member

Default RULES AND REGULATIONS AT FFW

WHY ARE THEY CLOSING THE THREADS ON THESE O SO VERY TRUE TOPICS. THESE THINGS NEED TO BE DISCUSSED SO LET THEM DO SO!
Old 05-03-1999, 01:14 PM   #2
StangFlyer
Founder

Discussion is one thing, and encouraged on this site. But, name calling, character bashing, and putting other down is something totally different. And, will no longer be tollerated.

These types of messages are not what this forum is for. I think you need to read my response to the closed thread.

------------------
Dan McClain, Editor
The Mustang Works Online
1991 Mustang GT - 10.90 @ 122 Mph
Built, Blown, and Fast as Hell!

Old 05-03-1999, 10:13 PM   #3
Zane Bates
Registered Member

If you think thata all of these cars are teched to nhra specs then all th renegade cars would fail because the seat has to be attached to the roll bar and the crotch strap has to be positioned so that it enters the seat in the middle instead of th front.This is not done this way because stock seats are mandatory in this class and this stipulation is overlooked.Every car goes through tech some time are another with somthing being missed,but thats not what were fussing about.Were not pro racers were doing this for fun.we all want to be safe but we need your help!Some of us are rookies and dont no the rules but if we did we would definently comply.We just expect a level playing field but as it always is in life it is always nleveled by money,the fact we dont have as much as the guys up front.Thats not very fair,but it is reality.So us poor people who cant afford sponsors can afford computers and we can afford to spend time,not money,talking about it.So let the people be heard!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-03-1999, 10:52 PM   #4
StangFlyer
Founder

Well, the Fun Ford participants with computers can be heard plunty, all over the Net, I'm sure. But, it will be done in a calm, cool, collected manner here or it won't be done at all.

You keep trying to say that "us poor racers that don't have a lot of money may not know the rules". Well, if you do not know the rules, as I stated, it is YOUR responsibilty to find out what they are if you want to be an active drag racer. It is not Fun Ford's job, in my opinion, to baby you through making your car legal. They publish a rule book that plainly states that your car must meet NHRA safety regulations, above all else and then be within Fun Ford class rules. You need to take that responsibility upon yourself. Damn man, you can order an NHRA rule book through summit for a few bucks!

The only reason there is Fun Ford tech at the events is to make sure that each car is legal for its particular class and that you've shown up with the proper saftey equipment, Period. Not to teach you what equipment you should have put on your car before you came.

------------------
Dan McClain, Editor
The Mustang Works Online

Old 05-04-1999, 08:52 AM   #5
Gearbanger
Registered Member

After reading the posts about the FFW Atlanta, I had to interject. First I had a friend in the True Street event (put out after stripping 2 lugs changing over to slicks) I am not affiliated with FFW or George Klass. I was present though when a lot of the True Street cars where being Teched though. At now time did I see George Klass (if that was him teching the cars) harass anyone, in fact he was joking with everyone and having a good time. The first thing he asked each driver was how fast will you run. Then he told them what they could run according to the safety equipment he saw present in their cars. He did not physically check every car for all equipment or legal documents (ie insurance, registration) instead he just depended on the drivers honesty. He did tell the drivers that if they ran faster than the times he indicated that they would be disqualified and booted from the track. He didn't specify if you should boot yourself or if the NHRA/FFW officials would ask you to leave. Either way I enjoyed watching T/S 16 make those 9 sec passes myself and wish he would have still got his times although being DQ'ed. However rules are rules and if I'm correct I have seen some if not all of the NHRA/SFI safety rules on this site.

My opinion on what could be done to eliminate future problems.
1. Have Tech session for True Street only on the day (Saturday morning usually) of the event.

2. Since its a MMFF magazine class, have a staff member (Evan Smith, John Hunkins) either tech the vehicles or be present during the teching of these cars.

3. Have a checklist for each car and using this sheet as a reference when teching the cars. This will include car #, driver name, estimated et and required safety equipment w/ a check box after its been inspected.

As extreme as this may seem, these are just my opinions but I would think that this would cover the butts of the people teching the class and be fair to all the people entered into the True Street event. Sorry for being so long winded. Teddy Popee

Old 05-04-1999, 11:08 AM   #6
CobrasVenom89
Registered Member

Hmm Sounds like Dan is trying to protect a sponcer or something to me... What are you Hideing Dan? George brought down our wrath upon himself we are mearly upset as he told us to go play golf. instead of posting a deceint answer.. The way he handled the whole discussion is what pissed everyone off not the proceedures in place why are you butting in and shutting down a legitimet discussion. I feel you must be biased here in some way shape or form.. Is he providing your domain? or the Server this site is on.. sounds like it to me.. Let George fight his own battles and go moderate inappropriate posts elsewhere... By the way go ahead and ban me for speaking my mind and writeing down my observations...

------------------
Texas Jam Prepped 89 LX 306ci Forged Flat top pistons ARP bolts, balanced,Blueprinted 65 289 heads Lunati Custom NOS grind cam Holcomb Aluminum intake 1.7 rockers NOS etc etc etc. ask if you want more see the car Fun Ford Houston
Old 05-04-1999, 12:11 PM   #7
StangFlyer
Founder

Ok, lets get this straight right now. No one, and I mean no one, controls what I do or how I run this site. The Mustang Works was not only founded in 1995 by myself, and myself alone, but it is a legally filed business in the State of Michigan under my name. Neither George Klass, Bill Alexander, or Fun Ford Weekend (American Autosports) pays me or provides me jack! I not only design, maintain, and host the funford.com web site for American Autosports, but I do it almost totally for free. I do this because I love Mustangs and because I wish to further the popularity, and heads-up sport, for ALL Mustang enthusiasts. I even travel to events, spend my time there taking picture and video, etc.. Then I come home and put in a lot of work to put this material online for people like you to enjoy at my own expense. I am not reimbursed in any way by Bill Alexander. Hell, I don't even ask him to pay for my hotel room! I get a press pass into the events, and that's it.

Now, I spend hundreds of dollars every single month to run not only The Mustang Works, but the other domains (such as funford.com) that I host as well. This site is so busy that I had to move it onto a $40,000.00 Sparc Server! I've made very little compensation from banner advertising compared to what I've spent over the past 4 years that I have been in operation. I do not do this to make a living or profit. I am the lead Internet Developer, and Web Project Manager, at a large computer consulting company in Metro Detroit. I make a very good living doing so, and I have worried little up until now about making profit from this whole endeavor. If I have looked to bring money in, it has basically just been to have the site pay for itself, which by the way, it never has.

So, when you want to come spend $500+ a MONTH to run The Mustang Works, support the traffic and bandwidth 5 million hits a month needs, and spend as much time as another whole full time job maintaining it, by all means, you can post what ever you like. BUT, as long as it comes out of my pocket - buddy! I'll run this damn site and message board ANY WAY I WANT. DO YOU UNDERSTAND!? If you don't like it, GET THE HELL OFF IT! Then, grow up and take the responsibility upon yourself to learn the rules and make sure you're ready to be teched.

Now, this will be the only time I explain this:

[1] I completely own The Mustang Works business, and I make total decisions for it. No one else controls or influences it via any means unless I ask for their opinion or advice.

[2] My involvement with American Autosports is this: I run the Fun Ford web site. I do so out of my own good will, almost completely for free. I have done so for the past 3 years. At the beginning of 1998, I convinced Bill Alexander of the need for a new, more realistic racing class to fit a greater number of the "heavily moded street racers". And, thus, I designed Street Renegade for Fun Ford which was adopted that same year. Even though I design the initial set of rules, it is now in the hands of Bill and George, although I have been consulted on rules and misc. info concerning the class from time to time. And, if your curious, I have been registered for S/R since its inception, but have never competed at an event in S/R.

[3] I made the Fun Ford message board forum as a service for the Fun Ford racers, which is a privilege to use, for legitimate questions; not as a free for all forum to bash on its officials, this site, nor myself. This will not be tolerated, and I will take whatever actions I see fit to keep the level of quality on this board that has made it so popular. Discussion is encourage. Grievances can be brought up, as long as it is done in a adult, curtious, polite manner. And, the discussion is kept as such. Now, Mr. Klass's golf comment, may or may not have been warranted. But, I know him and do talk to him frequently about the Fun Ford site affairs. And, knowing him, I do not feel that he was purposely trying to come off in a belittling manner. Whether he was wrong or not, it is time be mature and drop it.

[4] My involvement with George Klass, and Coast High Performance is simple. Coast High performance is an advertiser on this site, and I provide E-Commerce support for some of their products in The Pony Shop. And, if some one asked, yes - I think I would call both George Klass and Bill Alexander my friends. 'tuff!

END OF DISCUSSION.

------------------
Dan McClain, Editor
The Mustang Works Online

Closed Thread