Thread: Pro Stock class
View Single Post
Old 06-08-1999, 04:36 PM   #6
jtp
Registered Member

My name is Todd Price. I met you at your old office a couple of years ago and then stopped by last September while on a trip to LA. Because my car has C302 heads, ladderbar suspension, and weighs 2800lbs, there has not been until now a class at FFW to run except Pro 5.0. I have neither the money to run this class or the desire to run power adders. Therefore I've had no need to become a FFW member. I have raced brackets at FFW and do recieve the flyer that they send out several weeks before each event. Not once has there been mention of Pro Stock on these flyers. When I spoke to you in LA last September about this class, you did'nt have much faith that it would happen for lack of sponsorship. As it turns out it's not going to happen for lack of promotion. I'm sure you see it as lack of participation. I feel strongly that the participants for this class would have come from outside the current FFW membership. Therefore it would have taken more than the usual newsletter to promote. I would have thought that this "new blood" would be a good thing. Guess I was wrong.
Trust ME on this one, I will not sulk or be pissed off over this class. I'm very lucky to live in area where we have no less than 9(soon to be 10) drag strips within 2 hours. I guess it boils down to the fact that people won't fix cars to run a class that's not there(or doesnt appear to be) and promoters won't offer a class if there aren't any cars(or dosent appear to be). Nobody wins - everybody loses.

[This message has been edited by jtp (edited 06-08-99).]

[This message has been edited by jtp (edited 06-08-99).]
jtp is offline   Reply With Quote