MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-21-1999, 03:55 PM   #1
George Klass
Registered Member

Post S/R Rules Up-Date

As of August 1, 1999, the Vortech T-Trim supercharger will be legal for competition in Street Renegade. All other existing Rules are still in effect.
George Klass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-1999, 06:51 PM   #2
Saleen7
Registered Member

Question

OK George but one question will you be restricting the inlet size on the T-trim like you have the Novi and wanted to on the D-1 ??? Seeing that FFW wanted to stay with an equal size and the T-Trim is noticably larger than the S-Trim I think this is something that should be looked into and answered.
Thanks
Don Walker
Saleen7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-1999, 09:34 PM   #3
George Klass
Registered Member

No, at least for now. We will keep our eyes open. The inlet inducer on the T-Trim is .25" larger than the S-Trim, and still smaller than the ATI or the Paxton. We hope that this move will level the playing field.
Old 07-22-1999, 09:54 PM   #4
Quick50
Registered Member

I think allowing the t-trim, is a ridiculous idea..I thought this class was for the common street driven power adder mustangs...it is turning into nothing but high dollar race combos..soon the class will be overran by cars running 9.50's,,,Make the class for everyone..not just those that are rich or have sponsors. Restrict those superchargers to "street" kits with street type boost levels!
Quick50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-1999, 10:43 PM   #5
Saleen7
Registered Member

Well if you look at it this way ...the charger price are all about the same give or take a 100.00 or so , so it is really the choice of the one buying as to what they want. any charger can be run on the street. thats why they have larger pulleys. And as for the sponsers , they make racing ..there wouldn't be money to win if not for them ... the sponsorship of old is gone , most of the money in these cars are ours , we may get a break on some parts. You can keep me from racing in the class because I work hard and have the money to spend.
Old 07-23-1999, 10:05 AM   #6
Quick50
Registered Member

All I'm saying is; How often do you see a street driven Mustang with 18lbs of boost and running 9.50's..hardly ever! A car with a setup that radical is not a "street driven" car...Haveman and Kurgan will both tell you that , yes their cars were street driven at one time but are now "race setups". Price of the chargers shouldn't be relative to this issue...I am saying..keep it as the name implies "STREET renegade". It is bullcrap that the rules allow more and more , accomodating those that can afford anything...Is STREET renegade going to end up like Pro 5.0 where it went from reasonable 5.0 Mustangs to outragous bigbucks only Mustangs? After all Renegade was introduced for the common Mustang person..not the sponsored racers only..so I thought!
Quick50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-1999, 12:25 AM   #7
Juiced88LX
Registered Member

I agree completly. Recently I heard someone say the todays economy is based on competition (afterwards I tried hard not to choke on my Big Gulp straw). This is just like many new racing classes. Its not based on competition but on eliminating the competition. The only thing that matters when it comes down to this kind of racing is who has the bigger budget...BAR NONE...And Its sad to say that I too was hopefull that S/R would be a class for anyone with a STREET Mustang...say when was the last time you saw a 15+psi slick riding race fueled Mustang going to the Grocery store?
Juiced88LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-1999, 11:36 AM   #8
George Klass
Registered Member

Drag racing has always been about going faster than the next guy. Going faster has always been about spending more $$$. Nothing has changed about that in the last 50 years. And there is no way to enforce what a guy spends, anyway. The only thing that we could do would be to make Renegade a "claimer" class. I simpathize with the high cost of racing but everything else is expensive too, right? No matter what rules that you use, some racer is going to spend more money, get better parts, have better engine builders, a better truck & trailer, and whatever. Racing is not now, nor has it ever been inexpensive. That's why it's not for everyone. Bowling anyone?
Old 07-27-1999, 07:15 PM   #9
Saleen7
Registered Member

Well all I can add to this again is ....S/R is a class with limited approved parts , meaning everybody has the chance to run those parts. the price is not much different .
A typical S-Trim will cost you 2800.00 , so will a T-Trim , NOVI , Procharger or any other kit. it all goes the same for the every other approved part. This class is a Heads up all out class, Unlike street racing which is a run what you brung type deal.
If you do not want to race the guy you don't. the same goes here. There is more money in street racing, brackets and alot of other stuff .... but many of us want to run as fast as possible and have been in this sport a very long time. Each year you figure that you need to step up another 3-5 tenths to compete ...the parts are there, and I'm sure that the overtime is there also. Thats what makes it fun.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: