MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-04-2000, 02:38 PM   #1
hospwr
Registered Member

Thumbs down SAVE YOUR MONEY

I hope the following info saves you $350.00, I wish I had been told this before. As some of you know I have a 94 GT Conv with a 393. It's been on the road for 2 mths now, The first time at the track we Blew apart the spider gears in my Auburn Pro.

I have been talking to Auburn all Week particularly with Nancy in Cust Service and Larry Bellons.
I was informed that the Auburn_Pro rearend insn't made for drag racing but for Oval Track.
That the burnout box will dull the clutches and void their warranty.

I asked why they have a Auburn and an Auburn-Pro, I was told that it was good for the street, just don't take it to the track, didn't really get a good answer.

He also says you shouldn't use a synsetic oil or a Friction Modifier with these units. As you can imagine I'm not very thrilled when they said We can't help ya.

Anyway their number is 1-219-925-3200 ext 310 or 237 if you were going to get one for your car, THINK twice.

Chris
hospwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2000, 08:01 PM   #2
COME CORRECT
Registered Member

I really hate to disagee with you because anything can happen. I've had a pro-auburn in my car for 5 years. Now before anyone goes crazy check this out. Most of the newer unit won't with stand the daily stress with fraction modifier. We did not put the whole bottle in just enough to quiet it done on the street. It could break tomorrow but I've left at 5000 RPM's on most launches over five years and it's still ticking. I must say this though I don't dog it on the street. Be safe and smart..
COME CORRECT is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: