View Single Post
Old 01-13-2001, 02:36 PM   #20
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Exclamation

90dpscoupe

You're right, a 94 Cobra R could most likely take a new GT, but if you'll look at what I posted again, it says the new Cobra would take it. With a 13.5 quarter mile time, it's arguably the fastest non race production Ford Mustang ever made.

94 Cobra R was rated at 5.2, and 13.8 @ 102(or something near 102)

I will certainly argue with a carb being easier to tune than EFI. What kind of position is that? EFI tunes itself! If you want to fine tune it, get an AFPR, that's 9 of 10 times all you need.

I will also dissent with the argument that a carb car is cheaper or easier to mod. I've been through this exact discussion in detail with a gung ho carb guy. He didn't have any replies after a detail price analysis of an 85GT vs 87GT for street/strip 12 second N/A car. I beat him. All forced induction mods are far and away more reliable on EFI cars than carbs. That mod alone makes a huge difference. in performance street applications.

The carb is inferior, any way you want to look at it. Just because some nimrods in high up racing NHRA, NASCAR, like to hold on to their ancient underperforming technology doesn't mean that it's actually better. It just means they are scared, and rightfully so, that new guys would take over the racing scene, and that the old timers that have refused to look into EFI would never be competitive.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote