Thread: Raced a Z06
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2002, 05:41 PM   #11
Aquaman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by venumus93

...there's a sonic blue '03 Cobra at Orlando Speedworld that would love to race ya! He ran a 12.8 last night at 108MPH, and his first night out, a week prior, he ran a 13.1 at 111MPH. All this in the 'supercharger killing FL heat & humidity! So, yes, they will give the Generals big boys a run for their money. Sorry GM fans, this isn't a redo of the '99 Cobra's problem about being underrated from the factory until they got the exhaust fixed...Later!
Thanks for the invite and while I am willing to go a distance to race, 1000 miles to florida is not in my plans. I have been hearing about a few 03's at the strip most are in that 12.8-13.3 range right about where I figured. With the easy mods they should be low 12's pretty easy. I am still waiting to have my shot at one however. I have challenged 3 different people 1 in Cleveland, 1 in St. Louis and another in Chicago they all are putting me off for a few weeks. Gee I wonder why....Well thats ok I can use those same few weeks to mod just like they can But my mods will take me to 11.8s I don't think A sliencer, Pully, DR's and Exh will do that for the Cobra. But who knows....