View Single Post
Old 11-22-2002, 09:36 AM   #3
ultraflo
NX dealer-man

Quote:
Originally posted by PKRWUD
I take my Fluke 65 with me to every race, although I use it to find which cylinder is leaning out more than the others...
What kind of temps do you record monitoring the cylinders on the sprint car? ...and where exactly are you pointing the gun? At idle, I'm usually around 700+ degrees.

I've been using a digital EGT on the #7 cylinder and have seen as high as 1500+ degrees, normally in the 1400's though... I've been wanting to buy a heat gun, and the more uses that can be uncovered for it, the more I feel I need one Not that using one for tuning the motor would seem all that effective, but I'd like to hear more about it.

I'd like to keep a log of the track and tire temps on each run in my notes next year.... the more info I have to look back on at the end of the year the better.

This is the first year I've ever kept a log book, though I only kept track of shock, strut, and clutch settings, tire psi, fuel and timing maps, fuel psi, bottle psi, how many passes are on the tires, tranny, and motor, and, of course, the timeslip info...

I'd like to log the weather and track conditions next year. Which reminds me... do either of you guys (or anyone else for that matter) use weather stations at all?

-Ryan

93 LX
9.20 @ 147mph

03 Mach 1
12.39 @ 116mph
ultraflo is offline   Reply With Quote