Thread: True Street
View Single Post
Old 06-23-1999, 02:03 PM   #4
JCSTANG
Registered Member

No, how wrong you are. The rulebook says the car must be registered, nothing about inspection is in there. In tennessee, we only go to the court house and pick up new stickers for our plates. No inspection or emissions check. So it comes to this, if your state requires inspection, that's their own thing. Besides, why can't you just bolt on a off-road pipe a week or 2 before the race. If I where in your situation, I'd switch h-pipes and run a shorter belt (bypassing smog pump) before the race. If you really wanted to break the law, you could just gut the inside of the cats and air pump both. The inspection guy wouldn't know if no sniffer was performed. If you need the part # for the short belt, email me and i'll reply with the number. Personally I'd check into some highflow cats, so I wouldn't have to worry about swapping. Chances are If your still running smog equipment, then you still wouldn't win. I'd bet there would be some smog legal 9 sec. cars running. The best thing about true street thou is the lowest 11,12,13,14 averages win the same money as the overall winner, so why is it even a issue?

------------------

http://www.inergy.com/jcstang
JCSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote