Thread: Weight Transfer
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2000, 09:34 AM   #13
sfm92Vert
Registered Member

Arrow

Yes, for now this car is a daily driver, so I cannot see running a higher than a 3.73 gear at this point. When I first bought the slicks I started at the (M/T)recommended 16lbs and increased the pressure 1lb on each run. The tires held to about 22lbs so I backed off a pound and have been running @ 21lbs since. This weekend we had a cold front come through and was loosing traction, so Saturday I ran at 20lbs. A friend of mine was behind me while I was doing a burnout a said my driver side tire did not spin during the burnout! This may have contributed to the lose in traction as well. Should one tire not spinning be a concern?????

93yelLE, I haven't checked with our track about running with the top down, but it is definitely not worth it if you need a 10pt. cage! It just sounds like a good idea being able to put the weight of the entire roof over the rear axle. Our heavier cars should get some advantage out of it ; )

As far as future mods, I am going to take Jeff's advise and work on both speed and suspension. My next mods are going to be sub frame connectors, a strut tower brace and exhaust. Everyone says Kenny Brown's subs are the best, but I am also looking at Maximum Motor Sports(?) unit. They advertise that it is longer and extends from the firewall and the way to the torque boxes and is a good foundation for roll bars. They have a 6pt roll bar with swing out (and removable) door pieces. Has anyone had an experience with this company? They advertise all the time in MMFF.
sfm92Vert is offline   Reply With Quote