Thread: EFI RENEGADE
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2000, 11:57 AM   #9
jchambers

Not trying to put you down at all. I was just trying to point out that the pop-off valve probably wouldn't solve all the problems. People will find a way to cheat or stretch the rules to the limits. I could be wrong here, but there probably are quite a few out there that manage to build mondo amounts of boost using a stock block and just take the regulart rebuild/replacement in stride. They've got the money to do it so that's how they approach it. Any class of racing is expensive no matter what the rules say. I hate to think how much I've got in my NA Trophy Stock car but I can tell you its more than $10K and that doesn't include the $15K for the car when I bought it new. You're always going to find someone that has the bucks to completely dominate a class (like the Murillos and Havemans), but there's a lot of satisfaction in it for the grass-roots guys when they can manage to knock them off every once in a while. The blowers of today have come a real long way in terms of output & efficiency so its just a fact that those that can afford the latest and greatest are going to run them. It leaves those on a budget out in the cold, but that's just how it goes.

------------------
Jeff Chambers
T/S #4
12.40 Seconds/109.5 MPH
http://www.kellnet.com/chambers/default.htm