View Single Post
Old 08-09-2001, 10:46 AM   #7
bark3rd
Registered Member

300hpgt: Yeah, its the same kit as in the magazine-that article is what made me decide to try it. She had an automatic and obviously better traction, my trap speed proves that with some traction I should run a similiar time as the chick. I'm shopping for slicks now. I ran with a dude with the same car as me (basically stock)running a 150 shot with a ******* momentary button for the nitrous (with a 5 spd!) He blew his intake off on the first pass. I was right beside him and thought it was my engine! I think having a momentary button for the nitrous with a 150 shot and trying to shift, steer, and not knock the rev limiter is suicide. He hit the button in a panic at about 6700 rpm and toasted it. I've got the whole thing on video (sorry, not digital or I'd post it) as a reminder not to be greedy with the nitrous. It sounded like firecrackers going off! Screwed up my run too because I let off so I never got a proper 2nd run, so far I only have one pass on the nitrous. I should have been able to run mid 13's with my tires with some practice.
bark3rd is offline   Reply With Quote