MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-05-2008, 12:06 AM   #1
teck_9ine
Registered Member

Default Cheapest Thing To Do To MAke Your Mustang Gt Faster....

I own a 1998 Mustang GT 4.6... When i bought it then they had replaced the gears to make it faster, but i still want it faster but i dont have that much money.So i was wondering what i can do to make it faster that does not cost a lot of money, or any at all. i am a machanic so i can do things myself but i need to know what i can do that doesnt involve getting parts..... so if you can help then i would really appreciate it..... ^_^ thank you...
teck_9ine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:19 AM   #2
explicitone
Registered Member

Default Re: Cheapest Thing To Do To MAke Your Mustang Gt Faster....

Quote:
Originally Posted by teck_9ine View Post
I own a 1998 Mustang GT 4.6... When i bought it then they had replaced the gears to make it faster, but i still want it faster but i dont have that much money.So i was wondering what i can do to make it faster that does not cost a lot of money, or any at all. i am a machanic so i can do things myself but i need to know what i can do that doesnt involve getting parts..... so if you can help then i would really appreciate it..... ^_^ thank you...
one thing... the 96-98s arnt the greatest to start from.... what ever you do to make them faster is going to take money

cheap things you can do.... is get a set of pi cams out of the 99-04 GT's which will give you about 15-20 over the stock cams....

the full PI swap is the way to go but it gets pricey once you get the heads,manifold,cams you still need gaskets and tune

before I can really say I need to know more about the car.... whats done to it is it a auto or 5-speed

I have a couple things I can sell you for cheap if you dont have it already... I have a set of PI cams and pulleys if you want them let me know and we can work out a price good for you

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
explicitone is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: