MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Poll: What is your favorite Mustang racing class?
Poll Options
What is your favorite Mustang racing class?

Old 06-17-2007, 11:06 PM   #1
StangFlyer
Founder

Default What's your favorite drag racing class?

Ok, just out of curiousity... what is your favorite racing class in the large Mustang racing series (NMRA, FFW, etc)? And, why?
Media Center Gallery - View my member photos
StangFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:03 AM   #2
ultraflo
NX dealer-man

Default Re: What's your favorite drag racing class?

Outlaw has always been my absolute favorite, w/ Renegade coming in at a very close second.

The Renegade cars are easier to relate to...

93 LX
9.20 @ 147mph

03 Mach 1
12.39 @ 116mph
ultraflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:46 PM   #3
StangFlyer
Founder

Well, it's a no brainer (to some any ways) as to why Street Renegade is my favorite. However, after that Outlaw is my next favorite. Although, who wouldn't like Pro cars too. In fact, it's all good!

True Street is just "fun" to run your ride in. I've run in Wild Street (NMRA equivalent) before myself. I hope to someday fix my car fully and run in it again. However, I am so busy these days with work I barely have time to think some days much less pick up a wrench. lol
Media Center Gallery - View my member photos
StangFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 06:20 PM   #4
ultraflo
NX dealer-man

Yeah, that's right... I forgot that you are the father of Renegade, in essense. I ran Renegade in 1998 @ Cordova... I was running high 11's then, and my stinkin' tube K-member (I think I was the only guy there w/ a tube K) made Renegade the only class I could run in w/ the combo I had then, while others were going 10's with more serious combo's (and stock K-members then). I remember looking at Bob Kurgan's car and thinking, "I'm going to get my butt handed to me!" LoL.... but it was a good time, no less. I was paired up with him in the first round and went 11.7-something to his mid 10 second rip.

I followed the Renegade class from there on out, and started to put together a Ren combo for FFW circa 2001 (?) ....I was talking w/ Ultradyne about a spec cam for the class, right before they did the mid-season rule change that put FFW Ren on the course to what it is today. So, yeah, I decided to say F-it and built my own deal and went 10.0's w/ it. by the end of 2002.... NMRA Ren was out of the question due to my Jerico trans, fwiw. I remember being stoked when Kurt Gallant broke into the 8's w/ NX nitrous.

Sam Vincent's nitrous'd coupe is what made me start following the Outlaw class for awhile.... don't really follow any heads-up classes like I used to, but I love the idea of going 7's at nearly 200mph on true 28x10.5" tires.......... AMAZING!!! I'll be content w/ 8's on small tires.

Hopefully you get some time (or make some time) to update your '91 Dan.... it'd be cool to see that hit the 'strip again.

-Ryan

93 LX
9.20 @ 147mph

03 Mach 1
12.39 @ 116mph
ultraflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 03:37 PM   #5
Ieatcamaros
Domestic Rice really sucks!

I run in wild street at Bowling Green mostly because it is fun and you get free entry to the brackets. Although, it is not my favorite class. My favorite heads up classes are SSO, EFI Renegade, and Hot Street. It is hard to pick a favorite between those three. I like SSO because they are high horsepower 'street' cars. I like Renegade because of the wheelies. And I like Hot Street because I am an all motor type of guy anyway. Pro 5.0 and Vortech Outlaw are cool classes but something about them just doesn't spark me like the other classes. But don't get me wrong I like seeing mid 6 second mustangs. I like the open comp classes too. They make it easier for people like me to compete. But you better bring your A game because these guys/girls are good!
Old 07-18-2007, 01:07 PM   #6
WildWillyWalker
Registered Member

I'm such a loser haha. What the deuce are the differences between all the classes anyway?!??
WildWillyWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 07:34 PM   #7
USMC302
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWillyWalker View Post
I'm such a loser haha. What the deuce are the differences between all the classes anyway?!??
You can check out funfordevents.com to see specifics on the classes..

I run the true street every chance I get, actually won the 12 sec award in TS in the "fake" FFW out here in Cali last year. No Outlaw or pro there cause points are done and lets face it, it's a long haul. Anyway, I used to pit crew for Chip Haveman a lot with Outlaw Performance so I naturally fell in love with the Outlaw class too. it's a shame about Chips car now......He sold it and the guy that bought it, put it in the wall in San Antonio, Chip's home track...and he was watching too.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: