MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-20-1999, 12:07 PM   #1
H82BBad
Registered Member

Post Norwalk fun ford?GOING DOWNHILL?

Fun Ford has really gone down hill,the payouts are a joke cosidering the money they bring in.this will be our last fun ford event.A friend of ours placed in the final 6 cars of outlaw street and his payout was $0
we placed third in true street and our payout was $0 what a joke,as competetors we need more of a purse (maybe I am getting spoiled by the world ford challenge)but the thing I liked about true street was the fact that street cars would make a 30 mile road trip come back to the track and make 9 second 3 pass averages.this was the cool part.filled the stands every time.now there is no reward for doing well,I mean they give money to the fastest 16 car but the 9 second cars get nothing ! well we were told for placeing 3rd we got the joy of being there!(was fun but it sure doesnt pay for fuel! lets seee in true street they had 127 cars at $50 (65 if you had your wife with you!) for each car that is $6350.00 that they generated in true street alone (8255.00 if everyone brought a spouse or 1 crew member and we all know that most people brought more!) and what did they pay out? $700?wow no wonder the NMRA is taking off!now dont get me wrong ford is going to put big money in some classes next year (mod motor class)but they are turning there backs on the grass roots of the ford movement,US the 5.0 guys the ones that were the bread and butter of ford.Dont get me wrong I think it is great that they give some recognition to slower cars (I used to be one of them)but would I go to the stands to watch a 14 15 or 16 car make 3 runs? NO not my cup of tea,but if thats what ford wants I guess they can do it without my car in this class!our next event that we will go to is the J&P Shootout if you are close to norwalk I sugest you attened this race to see how an event should be run.The J&P team do a top notch job , the track personel are very friendly and J&P understands that racing a fast mustang is not cheap and they inturn make sure that the payouts are fair see you all there Brent & Niki Bird

------------------
1985 Mustang GT,
best et 9.46
best MPH 148
H82BBad is offline   Reply With Quote