MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-11-1999, 11:46 AM   #1
George Klass
Registered Member

Default STREET RENEGADE Rule Change

Official FFW Rule Change, effective July 1, 1999.

STREET RENEGADE

SR10B: NITROUS OXIDE
Replace entire paragraph with: "Multi stage systems permitted. Individual nozzles mounted on or extending into lower intake manifolds prohibited. Maximum of two (2) ten pound bottles mounted in trunk area permitted".
George Klass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-1999, 07:58 PM   #2
Zane Bates
Registered Member

I take that as meaning that you cant put individual fogger nozzles any where in the intake track.Say Like in the upper intake just above the lower intake.
Zane Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-1999, 09:50 PM   #3
George Klass
Registered Member

As long as there are no individual nozzles mounted on or extending into the lower intake manifold, you can put them anywhere you like, including the runners of the upper intake, or a plate between the upper or lower manifold.
Old 06-12-1999, 02:46 AM   #4
namadness
Registered Member

Why don't you keep the single plate and let the NOS guys use a higher lift cam so they can rev their motors? Letting them run 2 stages or more is just ridiculous! Why keep changing the rules when their are no NOS cars out there?
namadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-1999, 04:09 PM   #5
George Klass
Registered Member

Because there are nitrous cars running.
The thing about "changing" the rules is this.
Any time that there is a lack of parity (competition) between different combinations in a given class, it becomes necessary to adjust the rules. If we didn't do this, only one combination would be competitive. This is mainly a problem in the power adder classes.
Old 06-12-1999, 08:05 PM   #6
tooquik
Registered Member

George, I thank you for adding the 2nd bottle. What I don't understand is why you would add a 2nd stage. The revision is very vague. One could have a 2 stage fogger kit , that would be 16 nozzles in the upper. When was the last time you saw a STREET mustang run a 2stage fogger kit and still be EFI? The plate kits are good for 350+ hp, so why the second stage?!?! WE as nitrous car need a better upper than a 2nd stage. If we could turn more rpm we would have a better chance. I qualified 4th in Gainesville with a 10.45 @128. That was my first full pass with the car. I know that is off the pace but I still have to tune the car in. I ran out of rpm on the big end so I have to regear the car. With only a 250 hp shot in the car and tuned in it will do 131-132mph. That is not far off the blower cars. As Chip said it is in the combination(tuning suspension,engine and driving). Not the lack of power(2nd stage). If anything a better (shorter runner) intake would benefit the bottle cars.
Thank You,
Eddie Miller
S/R 75
tooquik is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: