MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-16-1999, 12:13 PM   #1
Hotshoe
Registered Member

Default Street Stock's future...

I've been hearing rumors that Street Stock is going to be given the axe, so to speak, because of low attendance in this particular class for quite a few races now. Is there any truth to this rumor, or is it just the usual bunch of jibberish? I would certainly appreciate any insight into this subject as we are planning on putting a motor together in the coming months to compete in S/Stck, but if this class is no longer going to exist after this season there is no point in trying to build a car for this class, at least not that i can see. Thank you for your time and input.
ZD
Hotshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-1999, 02:03 PM   #2
jchambers

I had actually heard the same rumors at various events this year, for both Street Stock and Trophy Stock. I haven't heard anything from Bill's mouth that confirms it so at this point its just rumor. Maybe we could get Bill to confirm or dispel the rumors.

------------------
Jeff Chambers
T/S #4
12.53 Seconds/109.3 MPH

Old 06-17-1999, 08:49 AM   #3
George Klass
Registered Member

I have never heard of this rumor. I'm sure that we would like to see more cars in S/S but that aside, there are no plans, discussions, etc. regarding the demise of these two classes.
George Klass is offline   Reply With Quote