MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-14-2001, 08:07 PM   #1
StreetStang37
Registered Member

Lightbulb I need a reputable place to order a super charger from

I need a good reputable place to order my super charger from. It's not concrete but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get an A-Trim. I've called Excessive Motorsports and they said it would take 2 weeks or so. Where should I order from? Also, what different pullies are there to bump up the boost? An 8# pulley and 10#, right? Is there one for 9#'s? Which should I get? Will running it at 10#'s be a good idea? Will a power pipe bump the boost more? You guys know what works. Thanks in advance.

------------------
1993 Mustang GT - March Ram Air & Pullies, K&N, C&L 73mm MAF, Edelbrock 65mm TB & EGR, 3.73 Gears, Super Competition Hooker Headers, 2 1/2 in. High Flow H-Pipe & 2 1/2 in. Flowmaster Cat Back, Pro 5.0 Shifter, 16* Timing Advance, 8.5mm MSD Super Cunductor Plug Wires, Romoved front Sway Bar, Nitto DragRadial, Pro-Shift Lite, LX lights
StreetStang37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2001, 09:03 PM   #2
Stang Runner
Registered Member

Try Summit racing I get everthing I can from them.

------------------
14.62@96.9 Engine: Steal Mounts, Under drive pulleys, K&N, Home ported Lower Intake, No power steering, No A/C
Drive Train: 3.55, World Class T-5,
NOW it is time for Real power STUFF I Have and will put on after I get everthing: Accel DFIMac cold intake, 70MM TB, Valve covers (COOL ONES)255 Fuel pump.
Next to get: rocker arms,Cam,TFS Heads,Injectors 26,Holley intake, What might I need???
Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2001, 09:29 PM   #3
TEXSN95
Registered Member

DO NOT order anything from excessive. You should hear some of the horror stories about them.

------------------
Clint L.
White 95 Cobra #3637
58cc GT40X heads with mild porting, Crane 2031 cam, FRPP 65 TB, 1.7s, Cobra intake, homeade cold air, 155lph, pullies, Tokico Illuminas, C springs, GW LCAs, Kenny Brown super subs, Steeda CC plates, aluminum driveshaft, Steeda quadrant, B&M ripper, Kirban FPR, MSD6A, Taylor wires, Mac shorties, off road hpipe, 2 1/2 ultra flows w/ dumps, R hood, Euro clear corners, stock 3.08s
13.61 @ 105.7 w/ 2.22 <-- 284 rwhp / 323 rwtq
TEXSN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2001, 09:46 PM   #4
rbatson

What you do is.... pick up a mustang mag and search for the best price you can find. Then call summit and tell them you found a price cheaper than thiers, they will want to know the mag, issue, and page number. They will match the price and you get a great deal from someone you know will deliver and back up the product.

------------------
Rick
My 89lx(updated 7/20/2001)
Sold
Old 08-14-2001, 11:40 PM   #5
MDM
Registered Member

Summit has always done me right. A power pipe will help, but you need at least 8 lbs to start with in order to see a decent difference (1lb + or more). The more boost you have before the pipe, the more you will notice the increase it provides. With regard to the pulleys, I believe the a comes pullied for 6 lbs. You can power it up, but you will be creating more heat in the porcess. More heat=greater chance for detonation. Based on your desire for 10 psi, you may want to consider starting with an s-trim. The s comes witha 3.33 inch pulley which will make 8 psi at around 5500. With an AFM pipe and no pulley change, I am seeing 9-10 at the same RPM. The s is more efficient all around, so you will be spinning it slower to make the same boost an a-trim will be working harder to create. Plus, you can always power up the s with a smaller pulley, but be sure your head gaskets, fuel system, and supporting hardware (forged pistons, loc wire gaskets, etc) are up to the task.
MDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2001, 02:50 AM   #6
84LX89GT
Mustangs

Thanks Rbatson, I always order from summit and although their prices are great, you can nearly always find it somewhere for $5 to $10 dollars less "on sale" or whatever.

------------------
previous name: 84stangLX
'84 Mustang 5.0 LX
my LX
'89 Mustang GT
my GT

84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2001, 03:27 AM   #7
StreetStang37
Registered Member

Yeah, I know Summit is good, they're just sold out right now. I ordered my TB from them, among other stuff, on a friday at about 5pm online and it was on my door the next morning w/o paying overnight shipping or anything. I was expecting it later the next week! If I order now though, they said they could have one mailed in a week or so. What am I thinking? I'll just order it tommorrow from there I think. Where could I get a pulley for it for 8-9#'s? What size would I need.

------------------
1993 Mustang GT - March Ram Air & Pullies, K&N, C&L 73mm MAF, Edelbrock 65mm TB & EGR, 3.73 Gears, Super Competition Hooker Headers, 2 1/2 in. High Flow H-Pipe & 2 1/2 in. Flowmaster Cat Back, Pro 5.0 Shifter, 16* Timing Advance, 8.5mm MSD Super Cunductor Plug Wires, Romoved front Sway Bar, Nitto DragRadial, Pro-Shift Lite, LX lights
Old 08-15-2001, 06:31 AM   #8
Jeff Chambers

Give the guys at FordSpeed.com a call. I know everyone at the shop; they're all Ford racers. FordSpeed is usually able to meet or beat most prices from my experience.

------------------
Jeff Chambers
Trophy Stock #3
11.462 Seconds / 117.43 MPH
Chambers Racing Team
Jeff Chambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2001, 11:12 PM   #9
MDM
Registered Member

Vortech can supply you with the pulley, though it will likely void the warranty. No matter where the pulley is sourced, you will have to break Vortech's plastic seal on the pulley bolt to install it. Since that will void the warranty anyway, I think it would be best to get the pulley from Vortech. That way, you are sure to get a part that will provide the result you are looking for.
MDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2001, 11:44 PM   #10
rbatson

You can change the crank pulley to up the boost too, you don't "have" to change the pulley on the blower itself to up the boost. Thats what I did to save the warranty. I never tried fordspeed.com but coming from Jeff, I just may have to try them sometime. I have tried Jegs, I like them just as well as summit. Heck, its hard to tell them apart, they are very close(very close) to each other.
Old 08-16-2001, 03:22 AM   #11
StreetStang37
Registered Member

They might be close, but I still haven't gotten the race readies exhaust cut outs that I ordered 30 minutes BEFORE I ordered my throttle body from Summit (which I got the day after, on a Saturday at that)!

------------------
Old 08-16-2001, 03:40 AM   #12
84LX89GT
Mustangs

I don't order from Jegs anymore (unless i absolutely have to) because 4 out of the 5 seperate times i ordered things from them, the stuff was thrown in original boxes into a larger box without any thing to absorb impacts or hold it in place. Luckily only the boxes that held the stuff looked like crap and no damage was done to the products, but that teached me an important lesson.

------------------
previous name: 84stangLX
'84 Mustang 5.0 LX
my LX
'89 Mustang GT
my GT

84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2001, 06:51 AM   #13
rbatson

Red face

REALLY?! Man, I've never had a problem with them.. It has been awhile since I ordered anything from them tho.. DANG! I have been using Holcomb lately because they are closer to me.