MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-16-1999, 02:21 PM   #1
fiveoboy01

Post t/s competitive?

(See signature)
I am looking to switch to 4.10s, add 90/10 and 50/50, solid rear control arms, 6-pt cage and torque box reinforcements. Provided I ditch the performer 5.0 and 70mm tb for a GT-40/65MM TB/GT-40 P heads with valve job and about 10.5:1 compression what could my expected ET drop be? Would it fit into the competitive E.T. range for FFW Trophy stock?

------------------
88 GT, full exhaust, edelbrock intake, accel, pullies, k&n, drag springs, subfranes
13.12/102/1.80 at Byron Raceway
Old 12-16-1999, 06:43 PM   #2
jchambers

You'll have a good start on the suspension end of things. With the heads & intake, I can see your ET dipping into the 12.80's or maybe a little better. Figure on upgrading MAS, injectors, cam as well as some of the other bolt-ons such as roller rockers, ignition, etc. Add a Pro-50 shift and get the car down to 3200#; don't forget about axles and a rear-end girdle. This year you're going to need to run 12.50's or better to be real competitive and 12.30's or better to be in the top echelon. I fully expect to see some of the T/S guys go into the elevens, and they're making preparations for doing so.

It may sound like a lot, but it doesn't have to be done all at once. Its a game of picking up hundreths of a second when you've got the time and money. Good driving, something that eluded me last season ;^), can make up for a bundle in go-fast parts.

------------------
Jeff Chambers
T/S #4
12.40 Seconds/109.5 MPH
http://www.kellnet.com/chambers/default.htm

Old 12-21-1999, 09:39 PM   #3
T/S # 25
Registered Member

You are correct Jeff. There are a bunch of us shooting for mid to low 12's for next season on a regular basis and not just a few races every now and then. 12 teens or high 11's is most likely what its gonna take to be #1 qualifier. But as we saw this year, its not all car, the driver has to be ready and not make any mistakes. The fastest car doesn't always win the race. You know what I'm saying.

Joe
T/S # 7
12.80 @ 107.89
T/S # 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-1999, 08:07 AM   #4
jchambers

I've never known a T/S racer to make an outright mistake though. We're like machines...those valves of mine bent on their own :^O

------------------
Jeff Chambers
T/S #4
12.40 Seconds/109.5 MPH
http://www.kellnet.com/chambers/default.htm

Old 12-22-1999, 07:07 PM   #5
T/S # 25
Registered Member

My bad Jeff, I stand corrected. But without those valves, how else would you have become "President" of the "Bent Valve Club"?

Joe
T/S # 7
12.80 @ 107.89
T/S # 25 is offline   Reply With Quote