MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-14-1999, 09:51 PM   #1
Doug 90LX
Registered Member

Post T/S Rules Clarification

I'm kicking around trying to build my car for T/S. I have a copy of the rules here, but some things are left a little fuzzy. My first question is that my car already has a Motorsport Aluminum Driveshaft, Southside lift bars, sway bars removed, MSD 6AL in it. What, if any of these things are legal in this class. Would the aluminum Motorsport 2 core radiator be legal?
My next question is that I have a 1972 302 Block and heads sitting around waiting to go into something. Could I put this motor in the car and remain legal?

Thanks to anyone that can provide any clarification.

BTW I was at Cordova last w/e - - Excellant event, Not too crowded either.
Doug 90LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-1999, 07:21 AM   #2
jchambers

Everything you've mentioned appears to be legal. In fact, its pretty similar to my setup. The two-row AL radiator is fine also. As far as I know, there shouldn't be a problem with the '72 engine as long as its specifics meet the class rules. Check with George and go over your combo with him in detail. He'll be able to let you know if there's any problem areas.

------------------
Jeff Chambers
T/S #4
12.40 Seconds/109.5 MPH
http://www.kellnet.com/chambers/default.htm

Old 09-16-1999, 09:34 PM   #3
Doug 90LX
Registered Member

Thanks for the reply Jeff, If I can ever figure out how to get those 27 year old oil gallery plugs out I might be joining you next year in the class.

One thing that concerns me on the heads is they likely have unhardened seats from good days of leaded gas which I'm going to need to replace if I'm going to use them. Might just have to buy those GT-40's I've been thinking about. This should be a legal modification as long as they are just replaced and nothin else is really altered, right?

George,
Jeff said that you might be able to steer me in the right direction as far as the legality of the 1972 block and heads go. It's going to a basic rebuild with 10 or 20 over flat top pistons, everything else except for the fasteners, the cam, an Romec SFI dampener, and the SFI Flywheel is going to be stock. The cam will be a roller retrofit cam, but I'm uncertain yet of any specifics, except for the .500 lift that has to be maintained. Most of the things that I'm putting on the motor, like the dampener and the flywheel are probably overkill for the class, but I have them left over from another project that never got off the ground far enough, that's why I'm using them. I want to be legal by the book, so if there's anything you can add, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks
Doug
Doug 90LX is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: