View Single Post
Old 09-16-1999, 09:34 PM   #3
Doug 90LX
Registered Member

Thanks for the reply Jeff, If I can ever figure out how to get those 27 year old oil gallery plugs out I might be joining you next year in the class.

One thing that concerns me on the heads is they likely have unhardened seats from good days of leaded gas which I'm going to need to replace if I'm going to use them. Might just have to buy those GT-40's I've been thinking about. This should be a legal modification as long as they are just replaced and nothin else is really altered, right?

George,
Jeff said that you might be able to steer me in the right direction as far as the legality of the 1972 block and heads go. It's going to a basic rebuild with 10 or 20 over flat top pistons, everything else except for the fasteners, the cam, an Romec SFI dampener, and the SFI Flywheel is going to be stock. The cam will be a roller retrofit cam, but I'm uncertain yet of any specifics, except for the .500 lift that has to be maintained. Most of the things that I'm putting on the motor, like the dampener and the flywheel are probably overkill for the class, but I have them left over from another project that never got off the ground far enough, that's why I'm using them. I want to be legal by the book, so if there's anything you can add, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks
Doug
Doug 90LX is offline   Reply With Quote