MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-07-1999, 07:10 PM   #1
Zane Bates
Registered Member

Default T/S technical Questions

Im thinking of running this at Montgomery and had a few questions that needed to be cleared up.It says no external heating of nitrous bottles allowed.does that mean we cant heat it ever or just not after the cruise starts.Second since the charger guys can use igloos ,but cant change there ice during the race why cant we use an extingushible heat source like them chemical hand warmers.Finally how does the payout work in true street this year.
Zane Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-1999, 10:16 AM   #2
George Klass
Registered Member

The bottles may use a thermostaticaly controled bottle warmer, only. This is per NHRA rules. The money is paid out like this. The quickest average. If the quickest average happens to be in the 9's, then the quickest average in the 10's, the 11's, the 12's and so on, down to at least the 14's. I think that the payouts are the same for everyone ($100). Also, any True Street competitor may run in the brackets on Sunday at no additional charge. I have to sign your ticket.
George Klass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-1999, 06:09 PM   #3
H82BBad
Registered Member

they gonna check suspensions and tire sizes this year in true street ?or is it going to be like like last year?are cars with w tires going to be allowed to compete?(like they did in dallas?)coil over suspensions going to be allowed like they were in dallas?is it going to be more professionally run?no disrespect to George,i like him but you have to check our cars!we are racer's that means we lie!we cant help it but we do.i even saw a big block in true street in dallas plus a cleavland powered stang where was the rule book?

------------------
H82BBad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-1999, 11:29 AM   #4
George Klass
Registered Member

Racers lying? That's hard to believe. Actually, we do our best. Truth is that we depend on other racers in the class to let us know if we missed something, which I'm sure we frequently do. Maybe we need "instant replay" like pro football when it comes to tech. You are right about Dallas "98. We were overwhelmed by the number of cars and under alot of pressure from the PD to get the show on the road (literally). We have been better at Atlanta & Houston.
George Klass is offline   Reply With Quote