MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-16-1999, 01:20 AM   #1
mustang_500hp
Registered Member

Question T/S times

I just looked at the T/S times that people are running and want to know what the deal is? I am right now running 13.90@98 mph. That computes to 246 hp give or take at the rear tires now i haven't swapped to the
GT-40P heads,or GT-40 intake yet but I am figuring on producing around 333 hp at the tires when i am done which is only good for 12.50's I know for a fact that off the shelf GT-40p's flow 196 cfm per runner which is only good for 403 hp at the flywheel. take into account 15% drivetrain loss and pow you are stuck with 340 hp so may i ask who is porting their heads and intake to get a little 25 hp boost? if i am wrong i don't beleive you can port your heads and intake.
please enlighten me.

------------------
Future trophy Stock Champion.
mustang_500hp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-1999, 07:49 AM   #2
jchambers

There is NO porting of the heads allowed in T/S and the people that you see running those times (myself included) are not running ported heads. I don't know what you're weight is, but it figures significantly into the equation. I'm getting 330HP or so to the ground and have clicked off a best of 12.53@109.3 this season. Others have managed into the low 12.30's, been torn down and inspected and found to be in complete compliance with the rules. It is possible and really just comes down to working with your combo and tuning it for the maximum performance. Driving style can also be a big factor in there. I'm convinced my car will do the 30's if it had someone a little more aggressive on that stick.

Hang in there and keep working with your combo and you should see it come around.

------------------
Jeff Chambers
T/S #4
12.53 Seconds/109.3 MPH
http://www.kellnet.com/chambers/default.htm

Old 07-18-1999, 07:48 PM   #3
12secAOD
Registered Member

I dont know what kind of computer you use to get your #'s but I doubt you actually have 240 at the rears. When I was running 12.9's at 105 mph in T/S form with my aod car I only had 234 at the rear wheels on kenny browns dyno. I do not think the calculaters are super accurate. I made those numbers with E7 heads, stock cam, and the stock throttle body. Cobra intake, C&L, yadda, yadda, yadda...... Hope everything works out for you on building your T/S ride for next year....

------------------
Brent White, Moderator
The Mustang Works Online
90LX>> 12.87@104.6 @ 3300#'s
Naturally Aspirated AOD car

12secAOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-1999, 09:24 PM   #4
mustang_500hp
Registered Member

Red face

well 12secAOD I am not shure if you are quoting peak or average HP but if you are truly weighing in at the minimum of 3300 pounds go to the stang analyzer in the technical section of mustangworks and punch in your 234 rwHP and your 3300 pounds and i would bet that analyzer says 14 flat or so. Now I know that the program is only an estimate but to be 1.1 seconds off and and 5+ MPH i don't think the program is that inaccurate maybe you should have your car re dynoed.

------------------
Future trophy Stock Champion.
mustang_500hp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-1999, 11:19 PM   #5
12secAOD
Registered Member

Uh, no thanks. I think I have enough years of SERIOUS research, racing, and building these things to know how much RWHP I have. Chassis dyno's dont lie. Maybe you need to talk to more people that have used a chassis dyno and then have them use the calculator or better yet put your car on a dyno. It is pretty cheap if you just want to see your rwhp. 234 at the rears is about right for my car. You would be surprised at the people that think you need 400 HP to run 12's.......... I am estimating that T/S will go 12.20 soon. *HEY JEFF, GET THE SUSPENSION LIKE I TOLD YOU THIS WEEKEND and it should be you !!!!!.

------------------
Brent White, Moderator
The Mustang Works Online
90LX>> 12.87@104.6 @ 3300#'s
Naturally Aspirated AOD car

12secAOD is offline   Reply With Quote