View Single Post
Old 10-20-1999, 08:11 PM   #8
Blue91gt
Registered Member

Umm, excuse me, but, I find a sentence that George Klass wrote above to be very interesting.

"Ask Bob Kurgan about the magazine article about his car when it was reported that he had "shaved door handles". That's the first we noticed it and he has gone through hell ever since then."

After all the races this season, no tech official noticed it till AFTER a mag article? You (GK) gave him hell at Cordova about it, yet still let him race, and he was given hell about it at Ennis and finally made a "fix" so he could run.

My question is, is it against the rules or not?

If it is, why did you only "give him hell" and not d/q the car at Cordova? He had no kind of "fix" for it at that time. If it is NOT a rule, why did you give him hell at all?

We know that it is against the rules. Its not good for safety, since the safety crews might have a hard time getting into the car in case something happened.

You should not let people who are against the rules race. Thats why there is a rulebook to begin with. You should tech people in by the rulebook, not by your judgement and b/c you are buddies with them. Rules are rules.

You might as well write the FFW rulebook in pencil and on a notepad so you can fit it in your pocket... pencil erases easily. You let him run with no handles and the 'infamous 4" exhaust' that was legal yet no one else knew it was legal. Hahaha. Nice job at Cordova

My point is ENFORCE THE RULES. Dont just let someone who is not following the rules run. Dont just "give them hell". Do your job.

Regards,

------------------
Fred Bingham http://blue91gt.351stang.com

[This message has been edited by Blue91gt (edited 10-20-1999).]

[This message has been edited by Blue91gt (edited 10-20-1999).]
Blue91gt is offline   Reply With Quote