MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-30-1999, 04:31 PM   #1
mustang_500hp
Registered Member

Question Trophy stock question

I have one question about heads for trophy stock class. Iam planning on ordering a set of GT-40P heads from central coast mustang this friday. Dennis Hilliard (sales manager) told me he would give me a deal on machine work for them. He said that for a certain price he would have them port matched to my intake, have the heads milled .045" to increase compression, 3 angle valve job, and a clean up job under the valve pockets. I just need to know will this be legal, would some of it be legal, or should I just save my money and buy something else? Any help is appreciated.

P.S. Yes the .045" milling will still leave enough P-V clearance.

------------------
Future trophy Stock Champion.
mustang_500hp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-1999, 08:54 PM   #2
George Klass
Registered Member

Port match OK (maximum of 1 inch from gasket surface), milling head OK, valve job OK,"clean up" under the valve pocket area sounds a lot like porting to me and would NOT be OK. Has Jeff Chambers told you that next year, if we catch you cheating, we confiscate your Mustang, sell it at the track, and split up the $$ with all of the other T/S participants?
George Klass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-1999, 09:03 PM   #3
Joe T/S #25
Registered Member

As for as I know, the bowl work is not legal. I could be wrong thou.

Joe T/S #25
Joe T/S #25 is offline   Reply With Quote