MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-02-1999, 07:21 PM   #1
Mad Horse
Registered Member

Post Trophy Stock Questions

I hope to compete in TS as soon as I get my car repainted and a few other things done to the engine. However, I'm confused about a few things like all the rules For example can you put any kind of heads on?? And if so can they be ported? What about intakes and can they be ported? I have been modifying my engine as much as my college budget will allow but I'm still new to the racing part so please bare with me. Infact I haven't even got my car to the track once so. I was also curious if you need a helmet and drive shaft safety loop to participate? Thanks

------------------
88GT 5-speed
ModsFinely tuned,Ram Air,K&N,PS91 coil,Pro 5.0,March Pullies, DynoMax Cat-back)
3.55's Coming soon!
"Nip it in the Bud"
My Mustang Homepage
http://homepages.udayton.edu/~laudicbj

Mad Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-1999, 02:55 PM   #2
jchambers

The only heads allowed are production Ford cast iron heads. This includes 289, E7TE, 351W, GT-40 and GT-40P (excuse me if I forgot any of the less popular production heads). They CANNOT be ported. They can be milled for compression, have a nice multi-angle valve job and can be gasket matched 1" in from the gasket surface. The same is true of the intake. Permissible intakes are the stock unit, Cobra, Explorer and GT-40. Limitations on a carburated setup are similar.

As far as safety goes, you'll need a Snell 95 helmet and a driveshaft safety loop if you're at 13.99 or running on pure slicks.

BTW: Loose the 3.55's go for 4.10's if you're going to be serious about competing in T/S. You'll love them and they'll give you a tons better 60'.

Visit the Fun Ford site for more on the T/S rules.

------------------
Jeff Chambers
T/S #4
12.40 Seconds/109.5 MPH
http://www.kellnet.com/chambers/default.htm

[This message has been edited by jchambers (edited 11-03-1999).]
Old 11-03-1999, 04:36 PM   #3
Mad Horse
Registered Member

Thanks Chambers. I don't plan on getting too serious real soon. As far as the gears go I'd consider 3.73's but nothing higher as it is my daily driver except for in the winter

------------------
88GT 5-speed
ModsFinely tuned,Ram Air,K&N,PS91 coil,Pro 5.0,March Pullies, DynoMax Cat-back)
3.55's Coming soon!
"Nip it in the Bud"
My Mustang Homepage
http://homepages.udayton.edu/~laudicbj]

Mad Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-1999, 08:55 PM   #4
jchambers

Naw...you'll like 4.10's. I made the stop at 3.55's first and was sorry I wasted my money. There's barely any change from the stock 3.08's. It'll actually make 5th gear useable around town and you'll still only turn about 2500 at 70mph on the highway.

------------------
Jeff Chambers
T/S #4
12.40 Seconds/109.5 MPH
http://www.kellnet.com/chambers/default.htm