MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-21-1999, 08:40 PM   #1
RL Wiltshire
Registered Member

Post Trophy Stock suspension Question?

The rules read that the car can not be lowered more than 1 1/2 inches. I am reworking my entire suspension and need to know the best way to tell how low is too low? Where is the measurement taken and what is the lowest allowed height at that point. My suspension is killing my et's and most of it is gonna get replaced.
George, Hope you don't mind answering these questions on the BBS, but i thought maybe if others had the same question it might save you and others some time?
Randy
T/S 34
12.52 @111
RL Wiltshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-1999, 08:21 AM   #2
George Klass
Registered Member

That one has never come up before. I recall that when we made that rule, we knew that most of the aftermerket spring companies (Eibach, etc) offered HD springs that lowered the car about 1 1/2". I don't think that we ever measured a car for height and I'm not sure I would even know how. I think that this measurement is going to be based on a "visual observation". If someone shows up with a T/S car and it's sitting in the weeds like Les Baer's Pro 5.0 car, it will get flagged. I realize that this answer is somewhat vague, sorry.
George Klass is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: