Thread: TRUE STREET
View Single Post
Old 04-07-1999, 07:13 PM   #13
Street Heat Racing
Registered Member

I'm sure I'll start something here--but here goes. I happen to own one of the cars that seems to be causing the "problems". Don't get me wrong--the competition is getting very limited. You either drop $30,000 or you lose. I started out just like everyone else--slow. Then I built my car up over the years. I now have an 8 second "street car". My car is fully capable of driving, sitting in traffic, and passing a tailpipe test!!! How you ask? Easy, build the baddest all aluminum motor you can and then run alcohol. In the great state of Texas, alcohol is an alternative fuel that is exempt from the standard emissions testing. In fact, my car "blows" cleaner than most mild cars. Alcohol also burns very cool and clean. I have trouble getting my car over 180 degrees--without running the electric fans even. I promise one thing for sure--if the cars are restricted to mods that slow them to 11's today--they will tune, tune, tune and be 8's tomorrow. Unfortunately, he who has the most money wins--there are always loopholes etc. If you remember--a couple years ago low 9's was a guaranteed victory in Pro 5.0. You can't even get in the show with less than a low, low 8. Even if new classes are formed , the well funded will go very fast. Heads-up racing isn't for a budget--unless it's unlimited. In turn I now complain about the fact that I can't run in Outlaw due to the aluminum block. I'm relegated to Pro 5.0--I'm deadmeat. Will the rules change significantly to allow lower budget cars in or rule the mega dollar cars out---not a chance. Lets go out and beat up some chevys. They're still slow.

------------------

Street Heat Racing is offline   Reply With Quote