MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-04-1999, 05:55 AM   #1
RL Wiltshire
Registered Member

Question TS8B rules for computers

With the trophy stock computer rule the same as street renegade, and the proposed change in street renegade rules, will they also apply to trophy stock as well. I am specifically interested in the SVO EPEC, or the speed brain to control my setup. I'm pleased with the weight break down to 3200, but would also like to see long tube headers and 26X10's in the class soon. They are relatively easy upgrades and we could easy cross over and compete in the EFI 12 class at some the NMCA events too.
RL Wiltshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-1999, 06:03 AM   #2
jchambers

Care to comment George? I'd have to assume that since the TS rules point back to SR, then any changes to SR trickle down to TS.

You can easily cross over into the EFI 12 class in pure TS trim and be competitive. We've got plenty of guys in the 12.30-12.60 range at 3300 pounds that would be real competitive at the lower weights. There are a few in the class that run EFI 12 & 13 on occasion. Long tubes and 10 inch slicks aren't a necessity (although they would be nice).

------------------
Jeff Chambers
T/S #4
12.40 Seconds/109.5 MPH
http://www.kellnet.com/chambers/default.htm

[This message has been edited by jchambers (edited 10-05-1999).]
Old 10-05-1999, 03:04 PM   #3
George Klass
Registered Member

Here is what the 2000 Rulebook is going to say regarding COMPUTER (TS8C)

"Engine management systems for EFI equipped vehicles limited to Ford EEC-IV or EEC-V processors only. Add on programming "chips" permitted provided they do not over ride or by pass the EEC processors at any time or at any RPM. All add on devices are subject to AAP approval."
George Klass is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: