MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Racer's Club House
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-24-2000, 07:07 PM   #1
Sweet T
Registered Member

Post WFC 2000

Dang the WFC came and went fast. Anyone else go. I had a blast and even won a little money in open comp. What did the reast of you think?
Sweet T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2000, 06:22 AM   #2
jchambers

I couldn't make it to the WFC; I was at the FFW Montgomery event instead. It looks like the Pro show was awesome with 20 cars running down in the sevens. I checked their website yesterday for the final results but they haven't posted them yet.

------------------
Jeff Chambers
T/S #4
12.05 Seconds/114.51 MPH
http://www.kellnet.com/chambers/default.htm
Old 05-25-2000, 04:24 PM   #3
SisuStang

I was there but I didn't have much time to watch anything, as I was helping pit crew for Joe Silva. It was a blast, even with the outcome(bummer redlight). I was the guy hanging on to the back of the blue 4 wheeler that went to tow Joe back after the run.
It was a great event, even 'tho they can be strict with the rules there (like only 2 guys per car at the line,etc).

------------------
'91LX coupe.3.73's,alum dr shaft,subs,upper & lower ctrl arms,90/10's
1 5/8 long tubes,2 1/2" exh-off road H-pipe,ported stock t-body,ProM-77mm mass air
cut & welded ported cobra intake,ported edelbrock heads,B303cam, 1.72 rr's,36lb inj's,
tremec, & a Paxton NOVI 2000!!!
11.43 @ 122 mph on Nitto drag radials (245/50/16's)
Old 05-25-2000, 06:18 PM   #4
Sweet T
Registered Member

That was a real bummer. A good show off with Billy would have probably been the best race of the event. Wow, Silva's car is flying! It's also to bad Switzers tranny broke, the final could have been a close race!
Old 05-25-2000, 09:00 PM   #5
buddha
Registered Member

That really does suck. I thought Silva had it in the bag for sure. The car was moving. Oh well, he'll be back I'm sure. I got a kick out of the Pro-Street Outlaw guys. There freaking insane! It looks like fun, until you see a couple of them smack the wall. How did you finish Sweet T? I donated my 60 bucks in O/C. My buddy won ET1 Saturday and was R/U Sunday. Had a blast though! See everybody next year!
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2000, 10:18 AM   #6
Sweet T
Registered Member

I won a couple of rounds and made it to the money. Won a hundred bucks. I missed third gear and lost to the guy who went on to win the class. What color and model car do you have and who did you run in the first round, Buddha?
Old 05-27-2000, 02:03 PM   #7
buddha
Registered Member

I ran a Thunderbird S/C the first round and ran WAY off my dial. I qualified with an 11.33 with hopes of saving a few tenths, but instead I went the wrong way with my PMS and slowed the car way down. Im still on the learnig curve with it. Anyway, I have an black LX that I run. Thats cool that you took some cash after driving all that way. There were a ton of cars in that class, so you must of been cutting some good lights and running your number.
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2000, 12:49 AM   #8
fiveoboy01

Thumbs up

I was there - what a weekend!! I raced in P/S, missed the bump spot by 3 cars. I could'nt get a high 12 sec timeslip, which I was expceting. I was a little frustrated by that. But it was fun though. I a blast watching all the racers. I predicted Billy would win it all, and I was right - he did have a little luck on his side though. he track was awesome, my fav so far, I'm glad they're having it there next year. We didn't have to be in the grass this time!!

Sweet T - your car is the green coupe with the Torque Thrust-type wheels right?? If so you were just a few spaces down from me. I remembered your car from looking at your pics. I was gonna come and say hi but I was pretty busy with racing and there didn't seem to be anybody by your car some of the time. Oh well.

------------------
1988 MUSTANG GT Full exhaust, Edelbrock intake, Accel, pullies, K&N, Eibach drag springs, subframes, 3.55s
13.12/102/1.80 at Byron Raceway, new quicker times to be posted soon!
Old 05-31-2000, 02:49 AM   #9
OneHotLX
Registered Member

Talking

Hey Bill, I think you were just to busy recovering from the night before LOL!

Seriously though I'm sorry to hear you didn't make it in to eliminations. There was some extremely fast cars running P/S...11.50's thats nuts.

What does your buddy have for mods on his red GT that tried P/S?

Later

------------------

World Ford Challenge here we come!!

[This message has been edited by OneHotLX (edited 05-31-2000).]
OneHotLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2000, 03:22 PM   #10
Sweet T
Registered Member

Yes fiveoboy I have the green coupe with the torque thrusts. I got pitted directly across from lidio iacabelli who has the green coupe with a blown mod motor in it so that kind of sucked. I think my car looks better but his runs 9's, nuff said. That car was amazing, I spent a lot of time talking to him. Which direction were you from me, closer to the track or farther away, and wer you on the same side as me or on the oppositte side? I had a blast! It was a fun weekend. Onehotlx remarks that it sounds like you partied a lot. Boy did we! We stayed back in collinsville and there were awesome burnout contests at night until like 3 or 4 in the morning. Every hotel on our strip was packed with mustangs. We drank many a beer and got very little sleep. Boy can't wait till next year.
Old 06-02-2000, 12:29 PM   #11
fiveoboy01

Yeah, we partied a lot. Beer, beer, and more beer. We went to a couple bars in downtown St. Louis wed. night, wow that was fun. I puked and then drank some more. And at the hooter's party we spent almost 200 bucks on beer!!!!

We met Tony(aka onehotlx) and his friends near madison on the way down, it was cool. Unfortunately, we stayed in downtown St. Louis. Never again!!! Next year we will stay in Collinsville. Downtown St. Louis is too much of a clusterfck, no roads to cruise on. But we still had fun.

Tony - my bud with the red GT has full exhaust, K&N, and pullies. That's it. He's still even got 2.73s!!!! I was surprised he ran as fast as 14.06. I never went that fast on streetires, even with 3.55s. He wasn't planning to run, but when we got there, he made the spontaneous decision to run, just for fun, since he had never run it before.

Sweet T -

We were farther from the track than you, you know where the outhouses were right under the speaker tower? we were like 4 or 5 spots down. We had a Yellow Penske truck with a trailer.

------------------
1988 MUSTANG GT Full exhaust, Edelbrock intake, Accel, pullies, K&N, Eibach drag springs, subframes, 3.55s
13.12/102/1.80 at Byron Raceway, new quicker times to be posted soon!